KCU-KC vs ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1234DO2021

Reaction score
Hi all!

Thank you in advance for all your help with this decision! So - I am deciding between KCU-Kansas City vs. A.T. Still - Kirksville. Truthfully based on facilities and COA I am leaning more toward KCU. However, ATSU is the oldest DO school in the country and very established. Ultimately, I do want the best education I can get and will be very excited to go to either! Any input is very appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I was also between KCU-KC and ATSU-Kirksville. Both are well established schools and you'd get a good education at either institution. I ultimately choose KCU. It was the right choice for me. I've lived in a city all of my life and Kirksville felt a little too rural for me.

That being said, I had a very positive interview experience at ATSU and know I could have received a solid education there as well. Their students seemed very happy and the facilities were nice. I have some classmates from undergrad that attend there and love it.

DM if you have any questions!!

Last edited:
KCOM student here, first year. I can definitely say what sunshine said about KCOM holds up! We receive a very solid education here and many students here are happy. While it is rural and not my cup of tea, its manageable after awhile. I attended undergrad in Kansas City and personally enjoyed the urban/city lifestyle.