KCU-KC vs Marian

patelr.93

Jun 25, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys so I got into both KCU and Marian. I was hoping for some feedback from either student or alumni at either schools. I liked both campuses. A little bit about me I am from Indianapolis and I am not terribly certain in what I would like to do a residency in currently but I am interested in Anesthesia, IM, GS, orthopedics, Psych, and EM. I have looked at the most recent residency matches for both schools and KCU does seem to match better. I attached a pro and con list that I have come up with and the match data provided on SDN for KCU and Marian.

KCUMarian
ProsConsneutral/same for both schoolsProsCons
old schoolranked with Joplin making class size 450Gradedclass size 150not as old
Own residencieswill need to likely move for rotationsCOMLEX Scoresfamily+friends live hereno residencies
new sim center8+ hr drive homeRegular-priced tuitionrotations within 60 mi of Indianapoliscatholic school
Better matchresearch quantity/qualityPrimary Care Shortage Area Scholarship-possible 15k scholarship, have to do IM or psychThe scholarship comes with 4-year commitment or payback

1590946006145.png

Attachments

• 1590945911746.png
    1590945911746.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 21

patelr.93

Jun 25, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Which school did you prefer?

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

honestly, I did not have a strong preference for one over the other. But I have recently talked with Marian's financial aid and they said that the scholarship is given to anyone who wants it/meets the criteria (ie Indiana resident/etc). So it would make Marian 15k cheaper per year and if I were to do IM assuming I match residency into a county that meets the high needs category the time commitment starts then. Also if I were to match into another residency I would just have to pay it back.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.