KCU (KCUMB) 3rd Year Clinical Rotations at Des Peres

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexierae494

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I will be attending KCU this fall, and I am hoping to be placed in St. Louis during my third and fourth year for clinical rotations in order to be close to my significant other at school at SLU School of Medicine. The only clinical rotation site KCU has in St. Louis is Des Peres Hospital.

How sought after is the Des Peres site at KCU, and what percentage of students who want this site actually end up getting it? Also, does KCU allow for any special requests such as my significant other being located in St. Louis?

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Rotation site preference varies every year. It's entirely based on the class. 3 people may want it this year and 17 next year. Its impossible to guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I will be attending KCU this fall, and I am hoping to be placed in St. Louis during my third and fourth year for clinical rotations in order to be close to my significant other at school at SLU School of Medicine. The only clinical rotation site KCU has in St. Louis is Des Peres Hospital.

How sought after is the Des Peres site at KCU, and what percentage of students who want this site actually end up getting it? Also, does KCU allow for any special requests such as my significant other being located in St. Louis?

Thank you for your help!
Should have gone to KCOM. They have 30 spots in St. Louis. (10 at Des Peres) ;)

P.S. just kidding. Not a comment intended to be a jerk.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Irrelevant, deleted.

Irrelevant, deleted.

I was looking for an honest opinion. I'm not trying to take up room on the feed or anything else, but I thought a community of future physicians would be nice enough to give me any information they had. Not be sarcastic.

I was looking for an honest opinion. I'm not trying to take up room on the feed or anything else, but I thought a community of future physicians would be nice enough to give me any information they had. Not be sarcastic.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic. My comment after I made it was irrelevant, so I deleted it. I basically was saying I'm going to DMU this fall and am in the same boat as you. I want to go to Des Peres for my clinical rotations. I deleted it because you were asking specifically about KCU.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic. My comment after I made it was irrelevant, so I deleted it. I basically was saying I'm going to DMU this fall and am in the same boat as you. I want to go to Des Peres for my clinical rotations. I deleted it because you were asking specifically about KCU.
I think that she thought that you wrote "irrelevant" about HER post.

just a simple miscommunication

And that's kind of my point. If that's the response to a minor slight (which wasn't even a slight but rather just a miscommunication) what will their response be when they actually get screwed over in school/this career and have to take it with a smile? I hope it's more measured, or else they're gonna have a bad time.

Reactions: 1 users
Dean Dubin said they're raising the number of spots in KC, adding some in Joplin and SL. They're also adding some on Las Vegas!

Reactions: 2 users