KCU vs PCOM vs NSU vs AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EnigmaticScale

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few upcoming interviews, hoping for some more though.
What does SDN say about these?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to try and predict what the more knowledgeable SDNers for "vs. Threads" will say:

1.) PCOM - Strong research opportunities, great opportunities w/ regards to matching, & overall highly regarded school (the Philly campus.) Cheesesteaks.

2.) KCU/AZCOM - Both great schools overall.. if money is a factor, then AZCOM drops down. Both school do great matching. KCU has stellar board prep (I don't know anything about AZCOM board prep.) Both schools will have lower cost of living than NSU, and I'm not sure compared to PCOM. BBQ/Mexican food (respectably.)

3.) NSU - Great school overall, high cost of living, good research opportunities, and great location. Seafood.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to try and predict what the more knowledgeable SDNers for "vs. Threads" will say:

1.) PCOM - Strong research opportunities, great opportunities w/ regards to matching, & overall highly regarded school (the Philly campus.) Cheesesteaks.

Home Neurosurg residency!!

2.) KCU/AZCOM - Both great schools overall.. if money is a factor, then AZCOM drops down. Both school do great matching. KCU has stellar board prep (I don't know anything about AZCOM board prep.) Both schools will have lower cost of living than NSU, and I'm not sure compared to PCOM. BBQ/Mexican food (respectably.)

KCU - great 4th year to do rotations, high Midwest Salaries.
AZCOM - ability to do all rotations in PHX, but trend of dropping grad. rate, high cost, but ability to match on West Coast

3.) NSU - Great school overall, high cost of living, good research opportunities, and great location. Seafood. Half of all DO Dermatology residencies are in FL.

Or More like

Paging:
@Marrowist , @femmegoblue @AnatomyGrey12 @AlteredScale
@MADD!!! @JB50 @kelminak @gyngyn
@SailorHg @Rekt @mamit1001 @Alienman52
@YayPudding @alecseriously @laurenlee3 @Dream_big
@kovalchuk71 @poloboy @benzyne @au_gems_glitter
@pandasaregreat@allanMED15 @kj8210 @dstraw

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would probably go with KCU if the PCOM is the Ga campus

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

3.) NSU - Great school overall, high cost of living, good research opportunities, and great location. Seafood.

Lol! Yup. This looks great :p

Biggest factors should always be: location (relative to where you are now + family/friends), total price, and do you have the opportunity to practice where you want later (take into consideration where people have matched, % matched, and specialties you're interested in)

From what I can tell, those are all great schools, so congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I don't think I could justify the tuition at AZCOM if KCU and PCOM were also options, so I say drop AZCOM. Then between KCU, PCOM, and NSU I would look at the COL in each area, where/what specialities their students match, and any in house residencies the program has. From the AOA searching I have done, PCOM has a lot, including a Neurosurg, Ortho, ENT, and an REI I definitely have my eye on.

This is all assuming you're talking about the PCOM-PA campus. If we are talking about PCOM-GA, I say go KCU and enjoy the BBQ!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of your options, though, so congratulations :)

Last edited:
I don't think I could justify the tuition at AZCOM if KCU and PCOM were also options, so I say drop AZCOM. Then between KCU, PCOM, and NSU I would look at the COL in each area, where/what specialities their students match, and any in house residencies the program has. From the AOA searching I have done, PCOM has a lot, including a Neurosurg, Ortho, ENT, and an REI I definitely have my eye on.

This is all assuming you're talking about the PCOM-PA campus. If we are talking about PCOM-GA, I say go KCU and enjoy the BBQ!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of your options, though, so congratulations :)
yep

PCOM-PA vs KCU vs NSU

Whats the tuition/COL difference between PCOM and KCU?
Philadelphia is probably much more expensive, but I live in PA and have family here. Plus PCOM has tons of research opportunities.

Philadelphia is probably much more expensive, but I live in PA and have family here. Plus PCOM has tons of research opportunities.
1. Close to home 2. Research you're interested in 3. Strong in house residency

I think you have your answer :)

Why did he get banned this time?

RIP in peace enigmatic scale.

also PCOM rules

Reactions: 2 users