KCUMB Clinical Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTTTorrance

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have some questions about the KCUMB third and fourth year rotations. Do most people end up going off site for their 3d and 4th years? Do you generally stay at the same site both years, or can you switch? Finally, how do they determine who goes where? Is it a blind lottery, or do people with higher grades get the more coveted rotations?

I'd also like to know about the quality of the rotations--what are the most sought after sites? I am from New Jersey and saw there is a Newark rotation at St.Michael's and another one in Stratford. Are those good rotation/hard to get in? Do people there spend much time in New York? How hard are the Florida and Kansas City rotations to get?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just about to ask the same type of question! I specifically want to know about what percentage of the class stays in Kansas City for third and fourth years. When in your second year do you find out where you will be? Thanks for responding so quickly... December 15th is coming fast and I really like KCUMB but need to know more about this.

I also read somewhere on their website about a preceptorship program during 1st and 2nd years. Can anyone tell me more about this?

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

I'm not sure about the exact numbers. I think at least 1/3 of the class stays in KC.

The way it works is you pick a site for your 3rd year rotations. You then do all your core rotations at the site. 4th year is moslty electives and subIs that can be done almost anywhere. Depending on the location you may have to set these up on your own. So yes you can go to different sites your 3rd and 4th year. And you can go to multiple sites in your 4th year.

Site selection is based off a lotery system. You put your top 3 choices down and a computer tries to match everyone at their top choice. As far as I know it is random.

I think our class had around 91% get their first choice. And everyone matched at one of their three chosen sites.

Oh and this is all done before thanksgiving. So you find out early to mid november.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump, any other thoughts?

kumark13 said:
bump, any other thoughts?
I posted were you orginally asked these questions - under the KCUMB class of 2007 - take a look