Kean University Combined Clinical and School Psychology Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocKelly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All-

I recently found out about a new Psy.D. program at Kean University in New Jersey that begins in Fall 2009. I don't believe it's accredited yet, but it looks promising. It's a combined school psychology and clinical psychology program with an on campus clinic (which I think is awesome!!). The site talks about really small classes, lots of clinical work, and a strong focus on research. Kean seems to have the best of both worlds. The program appeals to me b/c I am torn between a Psy.D. and a Ph.D. I also work with in high schools now, so school psych is a major focus of mine. Also, the site mentions Kean will cover tuition and other expenses for qualified students.

Does anyone know about this program?? Really curious to see if anyone has heard anything!! Let me know! Any advice would be helpful.

For those who haven't heard of the program, here's the website: http://www.kean.edu/~keangrad/grad_CHSS_ps_phdsp.html

~DocKelly

Members don't see this ad.

It's a combined school psychology and clinical psychology program with an on campus clinic (which I think is awesome!!).

Know nothing about the program - just want to comment that having an on-campus clinic is pretty much the standard. I'm pretty sure every school that even made my long-list let alone my actually-applied-there list had one.