Kean University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lizzie314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Kean University or any other schools in NJ?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Seton Hall and Stockton but not Kean, because last year they rejected me because of a B- in my intro to psy class ( I took it when I was 16~).

Stockton already sent me their rejection, I haven't heard from Seton Hall. I already got into NYU so I'm not worried, but good luck and I hope you hear good news!

I applied to Seton Hall and Stockton but not Kean, because last year they rejected me because of a B- in my intro to psy class ( I took it when I was 16~).

Stockton already sent me their rejection, I haven't heard from Seton Hall. I already got into NYU so I'm not worried, but good luck and I hope you hear good news!

Did you get your acceptance from NYU through regular mail or e-mail? When did you get it? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi-- I applied to Kean & Stockton and got interviews at both but I declined mine at Stockton. I just went to mine at Kean about two weeks ago, but haven't heard back. How about you, Lizzie?

I applied to Kean but they didn't get my transcripts until 2 weeks ago, so my application is still in review. Do they send emails or regular mail for interviews. I also applied to Seton Hall, USP, NYIT, and Touro... Hopefully good news soon.

Did you get your acceptance from NYU through regular mail or e-mail? When did you get it? Thanks :)

Regular mail, in a big envelope so I'm hoping I see the same thing for Columbia. I got it on Friday the 11th.

Congrats! I got accepted into NYU last Thursday.

I was accepted to NYU too! Congrats to everyone else. Do you think you will attend? Has anyone seen the school/program - I haven't had a chance to visit yet- am looking for some insight :)

I was accepted to NYU too! Congrats to everyone else. Do you think you will attend? Has anyone seen the school/program - I haven't had a chance to visit yet- am looking for some insight :)

I am most likely attending. I'm from Staten Island, so the commute would be easy if I couldn't afford an apartment. Plus it's a great program. I have an interview with Stony Brook next Monday, so that is the only other school I would consider since it's also a good program and much cheaper. Don't really wanna live in Long Island though. What do you think your leaning towards?

Last edited:
I am highly considering it. I am currently on the west coast but originally from NY. The only thing stopping me is the price and cost of living in NYC.

Congrats KatieC and dacat89!

- As for seeing the program so for I have just been looking at the curriculum thats online. I think I'll know more in a few weeks, since I decided that if I haven't heard from Columbia by the end of this week I'm sending my deposit and registering.

- As for the campus it's nice! Lots of places to eat, Battery park is going through renovations so thats a mess but hopefully it'll be nice by the Fall.

Also KatieC, since you're from the west coast and might end up living in NYC are you dorming? I live across the Hudson and the commmute to NYU was only 45minutes at 5PM rush hour. I just want to suggest that if you are not going to be in a dorm to also look at rooms/apts in places like Jersey City Heights, Union City, North Bergen, Guttenberg, etc.

Good luck on getting good news from all your other schools : )

I have been accepted into both programs NYU/COLUMBIA, I visited NYU last week & it was a great atmosphere! Is anyone planning to attend NYU?

Union city is a subway ride away on the Path train but they are sketchy on saturday nights .. because it's sundy morning.

Queens is a subway ride away too and there are decent rents .. pockets of Arabic, Indian, Greek, Albanian, Croatian families/neighborhoods in the area... you name it, really.

Brooklyn is very trendy in park $lope but SOME of the outside areas are very cool too due to the other colleges there .. Fort Greene is an ok neighborhood to try. Probably the coolest part of town outside of nyc if you can afford it.

I have no idea how much the dorms cost for NYU but living in the village would prove to be an amazing experience.

I grew up on long island and travelled to hoboken and NYC a lot (too much) .. just walking around the village is an experience every day.. never the same thing twice. try to get some studying in when you can... lol

Hi-- I applied to Kean & Stockton and got interviews at both but I declined mine at Stockton. I just went to mine at Kean about two weeks ago, but haven't heard back. How about you, Lizzie?
I scheduled an interview today at Kean for next Thursday. Can you tell me anything about the written portion? As soon as I found out there will be one I got nervous

Word of advice! Do not be nervous! I was interviewed there(twice) and was rejected! They hold the interviews there very seriously and will either make you or break you.