keck anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momoco way

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard anything from keck (southern cali)? i received a brochure from them a few month ago but haven't heard from them since.

Members don't see this ad.

What was the application procedure like for Keck MD/PhD program? (essay and GRE required?)

Also, since the school is not MSTP, do you know how funding works for the students?

I was recently accepted to their program, and will probably be attending it in the Fall. It is not an MSTP, but except for the funding, it seems very similar to other MST programs. GRE is not required, and you apply through the AMCAS like other schools. The funding is a full tuition waiver and $18000 a year stipend for medical school years. They might also not cover health insurence, but I am not 100 percent sure on this point. The funding during the graduate phase is paid for by the grad department and the PI. There are 6 slots a year, and 2 of those students does their PhD at Caltech. When I was there I asked about why USC wasn't an MST program, and the answer was that USC only started there program in 1988. They need more of a track record before being able to be approved for NIH grant, although they are currently applying. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info, Pandora's Box.

When did you interview for the program? Did they already finish interviewing all the MD/PhD candidates?

Hi Huxley,
USC MD/PhD admissions is rolling and I interviwed in mid-January and heard back in 2 weeks. I'm not sure wheather they are done interviewing, you might want to call or email them. I know the accepted between 8-12 to fill their slots.
Good Luck.