keck letter of interest, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tank you

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, so i really want an interview from keck, its my top choice. do u think its ok to send a letter of interest now? or should i wait until january or so? has anyone here received an invite after sending one this yr? also, who am i supposed to send it to, is it the same address as the admissions office? :confused:
thx

Members don't see this ad.

jtank said:
ok, so i really want an interview from keck, its my top choice. do u think its ok to send a letter of interest now? or should i wait until january or so? has anyone here received an invite after sending one this yr? also, who am i supposed to send it to, is it the same address as the admissions office? :confused:
thx
I would really suggest you calling them and saying something on the line of " I am calling to make sure everything is okay with my application since many people seems to have gotten a reply and i did not."
ANd yeah, i am an AUgust MCAT taker and got an invite less than 2 weeks after been complete but i was just favored that's all.
Call them and depending on what they say, i would suggest writing them sooner rather than later before all the slots get filled up.
Good luck to you,i understand why you want to say in cali cos it's the place to be.

write them a letter sooner rather than later. these schools get SO many applicants. I think it helps them a lot to know who is really really interested vs who is slightly interested.

go for it!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've written Keck about 3 letters of interest, but nothing seems to help. I've written all of my top schools letters of interest, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

I tried calling a few of them, but they get annoyed and just say that everything is okay... no biggie.

I swear, this process is all a crapshoot.

Doko said:
I've written Keck about 3 letters of interest, but nothing seems to help. I've written all of my top schools letters of interest, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

I tried calling a few of them, but they get annoyed and just say that everything is okay... no biggie.

I swear, this process is all a crapshoot.

this may be a stupid question, but what exactly does a letter of interest say? I know a letter of intent basically says if accepted, i will matriculate, but what does a letter demonstrating your interest say? How long should it be?

jtank said:
thx

I thought that USC doesn't accept letters of interest. :confused:

Why would you be sending a letter of interest before an interview is granted?
They have to like you before you can like them. That's how this $hit works.

Aren't letters of interest only supposed to be sent after an interview?