Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

keck letter of interest, help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tank you, Nov 19, 2005.

1. tank you

tank you 2K Member
    5+ Year Member

ok, so i really want an interview from keck, its my top choice. do u think its ok to send a letter of interest now? or should i wait until january or so? has anyone here received an invite after sending one this yr? also, who am i supposed to send it to, is it the same address as the admissions office? :confused:
    thx

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. temmie

temmie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would really suggest you calling them and saying something on the line of " I am calling to make sure everything is okay with my application since many people seems to have gotten a reply and i did not."
    ANd yeah, i am an AUgust MCAT taker and got an invite less than 2 weeks after been complete but i was just favored that's all.
    Call them and depending on what they say, i would suggest writing them sooner rather than later before all the slots get filled up.
    Good luck to you,i understand why you want to say in cali cos it's the place to be.

4. CerealBox

CerealBox Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

write them a letter sooner rather than later. these schools get SO many applicants. I think it helps them a lot to know who is really really interested vs who is slightly interested.

go for it!!

5. Doko

Doko holla atcha boy!
    7+ Year Member

I've written Keck about 3 letters of interest, but nothing seems to help. I've written all of my top schools letters of interest, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

I tried calling a few of them, but they get annoyed and just say that everything is okay... no biggie.

I swear, this process is all a crapshoot.

6. snowgirl

snowgirl Member
    5+ Year Member

this may be a stupid question, but what exactly does a letter of interest say? I know a letter of intent basically says if accepted, i will matriculate, but what does a letter demonstrating your interest say? How long should it be?

7. tacrum43

tacrum43 Behold the mighty echidna
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I thought that USC doesn't accept letters of interest. :confused:

8. Mutt

Mutt SDN Donor
    7+ Year Member

Why would you be sending a letter of interest before an interview is granted?
    They have to like you before you can like them. That's how this $hit works.

Aren't letters of interest only supposed to be sent after an interview?