keck school of medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wire

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has USC sent out rejection letters yet? I have been complete for a while (right after they got my august mcat score) and still haven't heard anything back. I called the admissions office today and they said they still send out interviews until mid-april. Is this likely to happen or should I count this as a rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

There's no way to tell what your chances of getting an interview are. All you know is that there's still a chance to receive an interview but it's nearing the end. The waiting game sucks but it's a part of this whole rat race.

Originally posted by wire
Has USC sent out rejection letters yet? I have been complete for a while (right after they got my august mcat score) and still haven't heard anything back. I called the admissions office today and they said they still send out interviews until mid-april. Is this likely to happen or should I count this as a rejection?
I'm in the same boat. I'm pretty sure it's a rejectoin.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been waiting since early July. Fun, huh. Whee :p....bleh

I've heard that USC doesn't send out snail mail rejection letters. I heard that you get an email with a link to a website. The website gives you a link to your pdf rejection letter. Can someone validate this?

Originally posted by finnpipette
I've heard that USC doesn't send out snail mail rejection letters. I heard that you get an email with a link to a website. The website gives you a link to your pdf rejection letter. Can someone validate this?

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Maybe cause they heard the negative response towards e-mail rejections. They can say that they didn't reject you via e-mail. They can say, "Technically, we sent you a link via e-mail that sent you to a website that had your rejection letter." I think the best way to get a rejection would be a text message on your cell phone. That would be wicked.

Originally posted by Alexander99

I think the best way to get a rejection would be a text message on your cell phone. That would be wicked.

That would be absolutely hysterical. What about a rejection IM?

Anyway, I've accepted the fact that they were probably going to reject me, I just can't stand wankers trying to act like the school cares about things beyond the numbers.

making fun of the process is only going to make us resent it even more... i think the wait is a time where a person can grow in his/her maturity... it also helps to get at the core of "why am i applying in the first place"

Well, stupid UC Davis rejects by e-mail. Not even a pdf connection!

from applying last year, i can say, yes, you get a link to a pdf :)

Wow. That friggin sucks. At least we could spend 37 cents on the stamp, 3 cents on the envelope, .1 cents on ink and .5 cents on the paper per 100$ app fee. That's a bit inexcusable.

"I think the best way to get a rejection would be a text message on your cell phone. That would be wicked."

How about getting fired?

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's third-largest credit card issuer fired a quarter of its workforce via mobile phone text messages on Friday, after negotiations with striking unionized workers broke down.

KEB Credit Service Co sacked 161 employees, a spokeswoman for the company's parent bank said.

"The layoff date is February 28," the message said, according to a member of the union. "We will receive applications for voluntary retirement package until February 28."

The firm said it had no method for contacting striking staff other than using the short message service (SMS).

Unionized workers, who make up nearly 90 percent of the firm's 662 staff, have been on strike since mid-December over a takeover by Korea Exchange Bank (KEB), fearing job cuts.

"Marathon negotiations with the labor union fell through early this morning and we had to go ahead with the job cuts," said Lee Nahm-yon, a spokeswoman for KEB.

The latest sackings take the number of workers set to leave the company to 266, including 105 who had previously applied for voluntary retirement.

About 300 workers continued to protest outside KEB Credit's headquarters in Seoul on Friday. Some of the protesters were singing or shouting, but others could be seen sobbing.

"The management sent messages early this morning, only to those being fired," a union member said over the telephone. "What a convenient world we live in -- for the management that is."

KEB Credit, which ran out of cash late last year, will be taken over by KEB at the weekend. KEB is controlled by U.S. investment fund Lone Star.

Apart from staging protests, the union also filed a lawsuit at a local court last week in a bid to block Lone Star's acquisition of its parent bank.

Meanwhile, the Financial Supervisory Commission, the country's financial regulator, approved on Friday the acquisition of KEB Credit by KEB.

KEB, the country's fifth-largest lender, had sought to cut up to half of KEB Credit's employees, but scaled down the layoffs after discussions with the union.

"There will be no change to this number. But those notified today can still apply for the voluntary retirement scheme," said Lee at KEB.

South Korea's credit card companies have struggled to cope with the aftermath of a credit boom that has left one in 10 South Korean adults with overdue loans. Roughly 70 percent of South Koreans own a mobile phone.

This is too funny. In fact, I'm going to start a new thread about this and see what the most ridiculous thing you can convey over text message would be.