Keep getting annoying emails from med schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuralgal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I keep getting these promotional emails from different med schools and I have no idea how to make them all stop. They're starting to piss me off so can anybody shed some light on how to stop them?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Usually there's a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of these emails. And then you can just delete them.

I told them I'm not interested unless it guarantees me an acceptance to their med school. This stopped a bunch of them :).

Who did you say this to?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Usually there's a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of these emails. And then you can just delete them.

Yeah, so far I've been unsubscribing and deleting but new medical schools keep getting in touch with me.
I think my info was released via AAMC and that's why they're able to get in touch with me.

Yeah, so far I've been unsubscribing and deleting but new medical schools keep getting in touch with me.
I think my info was released via AAMC and that's why they're able to get in touch with me.

Yep, we're all getting those emails. It's definitely got something to do with the AAMC and I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Yep, we're all getting those emails. It's definitely got something to do with the AAMC and I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Sigh.

Well, at least I'm not the only one getting annoyed.

The emails that sent the ridiculous spam grad programs and think it's automatically acceptable to spam me with emails about their podiatry and other schools bc I got rejected from their med school
Program.

It isn't ok.

Those aren't the emails I'm talking about. For instance, just this afternoon I got a promotional email directly from Vanderbilt's MD admissions office. It's not like I could send them an angry email and stop all the other schools from sending me their advertisements, you know?

These emails annoy me too. It is worse than junk mail. At least if you get an Arbys coupon you can go to the store and redeem it. Just because I get an annoying email from Thomas Jefferson doesn't mean I can go down there and redeem it for an II. Don't sell me something I can't buy!

Right? If those emails were a sign that the school is actually interested in you, that would be totally different story! I'd be like "I'm coming, Vanderbilt!"

Right? If those emails were a sign that the school is actually interested in you, that would be totally different story! I'd be like "I'm coming, Vanderbilt!"
I wish I could like this 100x

I told them I'm not interested unless it guarantees me an acceptance to their med school. This stopped a bunch of them :).

what if that makes them uninterested in you? Unsubscribing from an email list could demonstrate a lack of interest or commitment to their school.

Those aren't the emails I'm talking about. For instance, just this afternoon I got a promotional email directly from Vanderbilt's MD admissions office. It's not like I could send them an angry email and stop all the other schools from sending me their advertisements, you know?

I got that email yesterday too, right after a similar one from Temple. I was so excited to open my email and see the words medicine at the top (twice!) on two emails hoping for IIs(!) but only to be solicited for application fees basically.

Honestly though, I don't mind it. It takes a 0.5 second swipe to the left to archive an email on the iPhone, then I never see them again.

We regret to inform you that your application to the West State SOM has been reviewed and because of unprecedented applicants... Zzz ..., however we are please to forward along an application to our award winning PA program and Podiatry school which is still accepting applicants. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

what if that makes them uninterested in you? Unsubscribing from an email list could demonstrate a lack of interest or commitment to their school.

I imagine that if you are interested in a particular school, then you wouldn't unsubscribe from their list or email them to say you're not interested in the first place. Right? Because that would make no sense.

You know, I only got 2 of these emails, and both were from Top 20 schools. Do you guys get a lot of them?