plsfoldthx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Keep putting increase when I meant decrease and stuff like that... pisses me off.... and stuff like oh it says pKa not Ka!!.. not keeping track of units mm, cm, kohms, etc.

It's unbelievable how many of these mistakes I make... I think I just need to do more practice tests... I've been getting 10s-11s on PS and BS because of these damn stupid errors... did anyone else start off making dumb mistakes? did doing more practice exams help to fix that?

Last edited:

puravida85

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2007
Status
Keep putting increase when I meant decrease and stuff like that... pisses me off.... and stuff like oh it says pKa not Ka!!.. not keeping track of units mm, cm, kohms, etc.

It's unbelievable how many of these mistakes I make... I think I just need to do more practice tests... I've been getting 10s-11s on PS and BS because of these damn stupid errors... did anyone else start off making dumb mistakes? did doing more practice exams help to fix that?
I use to make the same mistakes as well. I still do in many cases but it has been dramatically cut down. First, I hate myself for making that mistake. Then I develop a strategy to not make the same mistake again. Say for example, you get a question in regards to ranking strengths of acids in order, I had the habit of looking at the first of the four and last of the four and chose an answer rather quickly. I thought it was so easy, then I would miss it because I glanced too quickly between the two middle acids. So now I mark the question after answering it, and after the page is done, I go back to it every time. I do this with calculations, "easy" questions, and pH/pOH/pKa/pKb/H+/OH- concentration type questions.

You have to catch what your brain does in auto-mode and stop that. It's easier said than done, just do lots of practice exams and note which ones you've been f'ing up on than go back and develop a strategy. Good luck!

Last edited: