Keep the faith!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ditwee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you know my story but the shortened version is this: I've applied to med school for the last 2 years and the first year my MCAT was actually lost for several months. Basically, this whole application process has been one of the biggest ordeals of my life. I hadn't heard anything except one interview and a waitlist until this morning. I got a call and was invited to join FSU's new College of Medicine. I am elated. No need to warn me about accreditation issues...I know it will just be a matter of time. I am so psyched about this pioneering new program and honored to be a part of it. Blame--you have a classmate and I am proud to speak up! :) I just wanted to offer this message to any of you who are down in the dumps and pained by this whole process. I was on the verge of planning another 2 years off to study for the blasted MCAT again and start over. But as of this morning, I have been given the most precious gift I could imagine...the opportunity to serve as a doctor someday. So, I offer this message to any of you who are losing hope. If I can do it, you can do it. By the way, I start med. school on Monday (talk about short notice). I only have 5 days!!! :) I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here on SDN (mostly as a lurker) and want to thank you all for your boundless inspiration and wisdom. NEVER lose faith in yourself or your dreams.

Members don't see this ad.

That was a great post......I am truly happy for you.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Good Luck....... :D

Congratulation!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Med school starts in 5 days??? Holy smoke, that ought to be the earliest start-date I've seen, but hey...it's med school, rite? :D Congrat, again! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
wow....Dr. Ditwee, I am very happy for you. :)

Please keep lurking around as long as you can on SDN. Those of us still applying will need such positive reinforcements from time to time.

Tweetie

Wonderful news! Welcome to the club! And good luck! But apparently you don't need "luck", you've created your own.

Congrats again. :clap:

Dr. Ditwee, CONGRATS!!!! That's the best news I heard all day! :D :clap: :D :clap: I'm so happy for you---you deserve it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!*!*!* Dr. Ditwee! That's the best news ever! I am so happy for you! Thanks for the post too... excellent encouragment! I'm unfamiliar with the term... does FSU=Florida State U?