i never had an issue in UG

but what do you guys do to keep your focus when studying for the MCAT

seriously

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2005
Status
well i set goals of what i have to do for the day... and then if i don't do them (more or less) i kind of feel bad. :rolleyes:

also i just try to take it one day at a time. little by little, things will get done. and because i'm putting my best foot forward, i'll hopefully have no regrets. if you don't try your best and things don't work out, you'll kick yourself in the butt later instead of now.

because this is my second time writing, i have a lot of self motivation to improve my score. so if you need some motivation, just ask yourself if you want to potentially waste another summer studying for the mcat, like me :p

e_phn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

About the Ads

StudyRunSleep

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
make a study schedule & also the mind can get overloaded w/ all the info you are putting in and it can break down...so give it break, once a week & also during the day for a few hrs.

Caboose

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I made goals and lists and all that jazz, but what really helped me cut into the meat of the Beast was a sheet of paper I hung up in front of my desk. I just wrote, "You Choose." because everytime I zoned out, got up to go graze the kitchen for the 12th time, slowed down, got discouraged - I chose. Add up all the times you choose to really bust ass and you got yourself a great score and a ticket to being the best MD you can be.

Caboose.

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Any time I have motivational issues, work usually solves it very quickly.

Staying focused this last couple of weeks has been rather difficult since finishing the content review and Kaplan lectures, but I feel I'm improving..so we'll see.

geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
get rid of any non-social hobbies
(facebook, tv, anything that doesnt involve other people)

mcats will become that only thing you CAN do

About the Ads