Keeping it fresh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charlie

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Gen Chem I and II last year, but because I attend a tiny school with one chem prof, O Chem will not be offered until Fall '02. I don't want to lose everything that I already learned and I'm sure that a year away from it will leave me a little unprepared for Organic. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may keep it fresh. Just reviewing notes and the book are obvious choices. I'm looking for another option that may get me away from that kind of studying. I'll be doing it all semester- I've got three pretty heavy science courses. Tutoring is out because the student that did it last year still has the job. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Charlie

Members don't see this ad.

I waited a year between general chem and organic, and I don't think it affected my performance much, if at all. O-chem is so different from general chem that it's like a whole new science. I'd just try to check in on your general chem book every now and then to make sure you still have a strong grasp of the material, and don't worry about O-chem until you get to it. :)

Jamier2,
Thank you for the reply. How did affect the way you prepared for the MCAT, if at all? I guess what I am asking is how much of Gen Chem is on it?
Thanks.

Charlie