Keeping track of patients

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brianmartin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a pre-med student working as an ED scribe and I was wondering if anybody had links to sites where I could download those forms to help me keep track of patients. I would try to make one myself, but I am not very good at doing custom layouts in Word. Also if you have any specific advice about how to keep track of patients better, it would be much appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I'm a pre-med student working as an ED scribe and I was wondering if anybody had links to sites where I could download those forms to help me keep track of patients. I would try to make one myself, but I am not very good at doing custom layouts in Word. Also if you have any specific advice about how to keep track of patients better, it would be much appreciated :)

Wow, getting ahead of yourself there. I wouldn't worry about it until you actually get into 3rd year medical school. In all likelihood you'll learn to keep track of 4-5 patients at a time in your head.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, getting ahead of yourself there. I wouldn't worry about it until you actually get into 3rd year medical school. In all likelihood you'll learn to keep track of 4-5 patients at a time in your head.

Did you miss the part where he said he was a Scribe, working in the ED?

Part of his job is likely to keep track of when labs and xrays are done to inform the MD.

I was once a scribe. :oops: We used a blank sheet of paper, folded it to where it would fit in our pockets, then used patient stickers from the chart to keep a list (printed stickers with pt name, DOB, med rec #, and the date of visit required to be on every page of a pt's chart). The stickers are much faster than writing down the pt name, room #, and DOB each time you see a pt.