Kent Ray...More Info On Henry Ford Rotation

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by docflanny, Apr 24, 2000.

1. docflanny

docflanny Senior Member

Kent Ray,

I was reading about your comments on another thread regarding your rotations through Michigan. I will be attending MSUCOM next fall and would like any info/comments that you have about the hospitals you've visited. Please include a more detailed account of your ER experience at Henry Ford, through Bi-County. Thanks

------------------
    Matt Flannigan
    MSU Class of 2004

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kent Ray

Kent Ray Member

Docflanny,
    Congradulations on your acceptance to MSU. Like I said in many of my comments about bi county, it is not a place of higher learning. I wish that was not true but the fact is bi county's medical education is going down the tubes. I think at one point it was a fair to above average program for internal medicine.
    As a student, esp at MSU, if you rotate through bi county you can do almost all your rotations at Henry Ford. Every rotation I have done here (HF) has been excellent. The teaching is great and exposure is even better.
    You asked about an ER rotation. I completed this rotation at Bi county not HF. It was decent exposure and they let me suture, intabate.... basically whatever I wanted to do (the more you are motivated the better your experience). On the down side their was not one lecture during the month.
    To tell you the truth I cant really recomend any rotations for you at bi county. If you don't enjoy surgery and don't want to work long hours I would do it at bi county.
    Other hospitals I don't have as much experience with. From what I know Riverside is the same experience as bi county and they have the same DME. Genesys seems to be an up and comming program and I would recommend you doing something there. The Osteopathic Hospital with the best reputation is Bostford so I also recomend you do some rotation there.
    If I can help you with anything else please email me @ [email protected]