Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine (KSUCPM) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has Kent got back with anyone for interviews yet? I have received an email saying they are reviewing my application but that was ~10 days ago. Just wondering, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did today. It was not bad just same kind of questions as any school. They were very nice! Be confident!
Thanks! I was just wondering if they took the entire 45 minutes? I requested an afternoon interview and they gave me a morning one and no one seems to be picking up when i call the office.

Thanks! I was just wondering if they took the entire 45 minutes? I requested an afternoon interview and they gave me a morning one and no one seems to be picking up when i call the office.

I wanna say mine was at least 30-35mins

When you guys interviewed, did you interviewers compliment you guys an excessive amount and say they would love to have you go to this school. It definitely made me wonder if they were genuine when interviewing or were putting up a facade.

When you guys interviewed, did you interviewers compliment you guys an excessive amount and say they would love to have you go to this school. It definitely made me wonder if they were genuine when interviewing or were putting up a facade.

I had one tough one (the DPM) and a sweet lady part of admissions. They were both nice, asked good question and I don’t think their compliments were extreme. Even the DPM asked tough questions but liked my responses. I hope it wasn’t a facade.

Reactions: 1 user
When you mean "tough" like as in something personal to your application or those curveball-like interview questions. I only ask because I am interviewing on the 21st.

When you mean "tough" like as in something personal to your application or those curveball-like interview questions. I only ask because I am interviewing on the 21st.

When I say tough I mean the DPM really pushed questions related why not MD? They gave me situations where I had to choose between MD and DPM and why I would lose the seat for MD and choose Kent. I thought it was a little weird bc there were a couple more from the DPM like that. But they were also saying good things about my grades, research and LORs so I guess they were impressed but questioning why I applied to DPM?

Well good news is that I got accepted today with scholorship!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had one tough one (the DPM) and a sweet lady part of admissions. They were both nice, asked good question and I don’t think their compliments were extreme. Even the DPM asked tough questions but liked my responses. I hope it wasn’t a facade.
Thanks for sharing! Yeah my F
When I say tough I mean the DPM really pushed questions related why not MD? They gave me situations where I had to choose between MD and DPM and why I would lose the seat for MD and choose Kent. I thought it was a little weird bc there were a couple more from the DPM like that. But they were also saying good things about my grades, research and LORs so I guess they were impressed but questioning why I applied to DPM?

Well good news is that I got accepted today with scholorship!
Congrats!!

In my experience it was tough as in it was hard to read him. He would make faces sometimes when I answered questions and it really caught my off guard. Just believe in what you say and you will do great! The interviewers are so nice and the tough DPM did positively respond to my follow up email. So I think he is just trying to make sure they only get the best of the best students, or wants to make sure only sincere podiatry students are applying.

I interviewed on Sept 2nd and got accepted on Sept 4th with a scholarship! Was a great way to start Labor Day weekend.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 9/10 got accepted 9/17 w/ scholarship

Reactions: 3 users
Just interviewed with Kent State today and went well. I am committed to Barry, but I figured it couldn't hurt to interview with Kent given I go to Ohio State and I am from Ohio lol.

Was told I will know by next Friday for a decision!

I was accepted last week!! Which school is your top?
I am committed to Barry, but my mentor went to Kent State, so I am having serious second thoughts. I'm from Ohio so it seems like Kent would be a no brainer...

I am committed to Barry, but my mentor went to Kent State, so I am having serious second thoughts. I'm from Ohio so it seems like Kent would be a no brainer...
What are your thoughts on cleveland? I have never been and am from Nebraska. I do not mind bigger towns but wanted an opinion from someone from Ohio

What are your thoughts on cleveland? I have never been and am from Nebraska. I do not mind bigger towns but wanted an opinion from someone from Ohio
Cleveland is meh at best. I go to school in Columbus so I may be biased, but having been to all three of the big C's (Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland), Columbus is the nicest/cleanest in my opinion. Cleveland is definitely right behind Columbus because Cincinnati sucks (Sorry if anyone is from there). Cleveland is also cool though because of the sports teams there (which I am a big fan of all Cleveland sports). Also there is a lot you can do because Lake Erie is right there. Kelly's Island and Put-in-Bay are big tourist attractions and great things to do on long weekends. Also Cedar Point Amusement Park is pretty nice as well. Additionally, I hear Cleveland has a great brewery district, so I am heading up there this weekend to check it out (like a 2 hour and 20 minute drive from Columbus).

I am from a place in Ohio that could probably equate to a lot of places in Nebraska: corn field and nothing-ness. That definitely is not the case with Cleveland so it may be a culture shock. It also isn't the largest city (population of around 400,000 I believe) but still wicked traffic a few times I have visited.

Overall, Cleveland is by no means a bad place to live, especially since the school is only 15 minutes south of down town in Independence, OH. I have read a lot on here that cost of living can factor in to what school you attend, and I am pretty sure Kent is like the first or second cheapest when it comes to cost of living.

Cleveland is meh at best. I go to school in Columbus so I may be biased, but having been to all three of the big C's (Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland), Columbus is the nicest/cleanest in my opinion. Cleveland is definitely right behind Columbus because Cincinnati sucks (Sorry if anyone is from there). Cleveland is also cool though because of the sports teams there (which I am a big fan of all Cleveland sports). Also there is a lot you can do because Lake Erie is right there. Kelly's Island and Put-in-Bay are big tourist attractions and great things to do on long weekends. Also Cedar Point Amusement Park is pretty nice as well. Additionally, I hear Cleveland has a great brewery district, so I am heading up there this weekend to check it out (like a 2 hour and 20 minute drive from Columbus).

I am from a place in Ohio that could probably equate to a lot of places in Nebraska: corn field and nothing-ness. That definitely is not the case with Cleveland so it may be a culture shock. It also isn't the largest city (population of around 400,000 I believe) but still wicked traffic a few times I have visited.

Overall, Cleveland is by no means a bad place to live, especially since the school is only 15 minutes south of down town in Independence, OH. I have read a lot on here that cost of living can factor in to what school you attend, and I am pretty sure Kent is like the first or second cheapest when it comes to cost of living.
I appreciate your honesty, thank you so much!

Interviewed on 9/21. Accepted today!! With scholarship!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I have an interview with Kent State on Monday! I really hope they accept me, i do have a poor MCAT 488, but hope they realize I am 100% ready. My course work, research, and extracurriculars will HOPEFULLY speak louder than my MCAT

Is the interview laid back?
VERY. They asked me questions about my father and how hes doing with cancer. They really sounded like they wanted to get to know me personally! My favorite interview so far

Do you think if I have a great interview ill get in? I really love Kent State

Yeah!! They already like you and that's why you got the invite. When I was interviewing at Temple (where I committed, was my top school), I was so nervous so I just took a deep breath and remembered my interview was just a glorified convo where they make sure im honest and not crazy.

That depends on your stats for sure. My interview went well and I was accepted with scholarship. What are your stats?

That depends on your stats for sure. My interview went well and I was accepted with scholarship. What are your stats?
So my MCAT is not good 488, but my sGPA is 3.4 and cGPA is 3.2. Organic chem, Physics, and genetics GPAs are all 4.0. 200 Podiatry shadowing hours. Im a Resident assistant at my school looking after 45 residents. Im doing Alzheimers disease research and designing an experiment in which i will present to the Florida Academy of Sciences. Im also an Orgo tutor and a mentor for pre-med underclassmen. I just hope they don't just look at my MCAT and then reject me post interview

So my MCAT is not good 488, but my sGPA is 3.4 and cGPA is 3.2. Organic chem, Physics, and genetics GPAs are all 4.0. 200 Podiatry shadowing hours. Im a Resident assistant at my school looking after 45 residents. Im doing Alzheimers disease research and designing an experiment in which i will present to the Florida Academy of Sciences. Im also an Orgo tutor and a mentor for pre-med underclassmen. I just hope they don't just look at my MCAT and then reject me post interview
They are going to look at your MCAT and probably ask you about it. As a few others have said on here before, I would seriously consider retaking it and adjusting your study habits. My MCAT wasn't great but I made them understand and realize that I am going to fix my habits and be ready to go by the time I start classes.

They are going to look at your MCAT and probably ask you about it. As a few others have said on here before, I would seriously consider retaking it and adjusting your study habits. My MCAT wasn't great but I made them understand and realize that I am going to fix my habits and be ready to go by the time I start classes.
If CD100 get accepted, I don't see the point of retaking the mcat.

If CD100 get accepted, I don't see the point of retaking the mcat.
Fair, but an MCAT of 488 can raise some eyebrows for how they will perform on future standardized and difficult exams. I get personal factors can cause these scores, trust me I have had my own. I am advising retaking it if the applicant is not accepted. I believe that they have just as good a chance as other applicants since they received an interview. Further, if CD100 is admitted they will need to seriously change their studying habits, such as many people who get admitted to medical school.
I just asked what my chances are post interview. I cant retake the MCAT soon
Your chances post interview are no better or worse than other applicants IMO. My hopes are that you get accepted, but it is my assumption that you will really need to wow them with the interview and have a good answer for why you scored low on the MCAT because they will definitely bring it up. It is good that you have A's in critical classes, because it will show that you can handle the curriculum. They will probably just be worried about your test taking abilities. If you have specific nitty gritty question about the interview itself just ask us because we are certainly happy to help!

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview with Kent State on Monday! I really hope they accept me, i do have a poor MCAT 488, but hope they realize I am 100% ready. My course work, research, and extracurriculars will HOPEFULLY speak louder than my MCAT
Let us know how the interview went!

Let us know how the interview went!
Absolutely LOVED my interview with Kent State! My favorite interview so far, they loved what I have to offer and they really liked me as a person. They said I would make a great fit at Kent! They said I should know this week if im accepted or not

Absolutely LOVED my interview with Kent State! My favorite interview so far, they loved what I have to offer and they really liked me as a person. They said I would make a great fit at Kent! They said I should know this week if im accepted or not
I interviewed on a Monday and was accepted the same Friday (during my Des Moines student panel ;)). I think as long as you showed them you're willing to work and dedicate yourself to your studies you will get in. Kent interviewers were very nice people. Also, Kent has a large class size to fill and you are applying early in the cycle so I would say you've got a pretty good shot. Let us know!

Accepted to Kent State Today!! Im so excited!

Reactions: 8 users
Interview 10/29. Accepted today 11/4.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 10/26 and accepted 10/29 (which happened to be my bday lol)!!

Reactions: 4 users