Kentucky "contract seats" in danger...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SerratioWanks

SDF Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,
I don't know if there are any other KY residents on here, but just in case I thought I would pass this along to you fellow KY residents that count on the "in state tuition" seats.

This is a message from Indiana University and the Ex Director of the KY Optometric Association....

If this concerns you at all... please give someone in Frankfort a call!

Thanks

Dear all-
A call to action regarding your Kentucky Contract Seats. In these difficult economic times tough choices need to be made. Please let the KY state legislature know the importance of your contract funding and relevance of your role as health care providers to the state.

Cindy

Cindy Vance
Director of Student Administration
Indiana University School of Optometry

All,

As you know the KY governor has suggested cutting back our optometry contracts as part of the overall state budget crisis. We need to contact all the KY contract holders and also those students who have been accepted for the fall of 2009 and get them to call their Kentucky legislators. I think hearing from students in their districts will make this a lot more real to the legislators. If the students and their families would put pressure on the Reps and Senators it would be a big help. Also, letters to Governor Beshear might be helpful. Please let me know if you can assist with this effort.

Our legislature began today. They recess Friday and will be working on a revised budget over the next 3 weeks. Now is the time to get our message out there.

Darlene W. Eakin, CAE
Executive Director
Kentucky Optometric Association

Members don't see this ad.