Kentucky or Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnugPinkPom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to both and as an in state student am really conflicted with which to pick. I would really appreciate any feedback that may help in making the decision!

Still can't believe it's real!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats and Louisvile is more fun to live in

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I am a kentucky resident as well, and hoping to go to either school by next year. Do you mind what your GPA and DAT stats are, and you extracurriculum activities?

I was accepted to both and as an in state student am really conflicted with which to pick. I would really appreciate any feedback that may help in making the decision!

Still can't believe it's real!!!
Hey I am a KY resident, and hoping to go to either one of those schools. Do you mind sharing your GPA and DAT stats, and your extracurriculum?

I'm in the same boat as you,

Louisville is academically ranked really well, I think top 10
Kentucky will give a better clinical education

Louisville - 120 students per class
Kentucky - 65

They're both great schools it just depends on preference on size, city, and academics/clinical

Hey I am a KY resident, and hoping to go to either one of those schools. Do you mind sharing your GPA and DAT stats, and your extracurriculum?
I have a 3.55/21AA/23PAT - I didn't get accepted to either last year and was accepted to both this time

Louisville is academically ranked really well, I think top 10
Kentucky will give a better clinical education

Louisville - 120 students per class
Kentucky - 65

They're both great schools it just depends on preference on size, city, and academics/clinical

I have a 3.55/21AA/23PAT - I didn't get accepted to either last year and was accepted to both this time
Dang man, those are surely killer stats. Congrats on your acceptance. I hope I see yall in either one of them by next year.
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users

Yeah it's so hard because I feel like it a lot of ways they are total opposites. I love Louisville's facilities but i feel like UK is in a nicer location.

I have a 3.77 overall GPA and 3.65 Science. 21TS/21AA/21PAT

I debated this question for some time but I couldn't escape my bias. I graduated from UK for undergraduate years ago and have always held a place in my heart for Lexington. In my opinion, the location of UKCD within its respective city is much better than ULSD. Additionally, as others have said, due to having roughly half the class size, exposure to a wider variety of patients at a higher rate is also an advantage at UKCD. Small class sizes foster a tighter knit class as well as increased communication opportunities with the faculty. Both schools have great passing rates for both parts of the boards.

And while some argue that there may be more to do in Louisville, I would challenge that with the question, what could you do in Louisville that you couldn't do in Lexington to some degree? And how much free time do you even plan on having?

Reactions: 3 users
I forgot to mention that Louisville's facilities are great. There is no doubt about that!