Kentucky vs. Louisville. Please read.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heavyd22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got offers to go to both UK and UofL, and I'm trying to decide between the two. Right now I see myself going into general dentistry. If any of you go to those schools or know something about the programs I would appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Heavyd22 said:
I got offers to go to both UK and UofL, and I'm trying to decide between the two. Right now I see myself going into general dentistry. If any of you go to those schools or know something about the programs I would appreciate any input.
My wife and I both went to Kentucky. I would highly reccommend it. KY is a smaller school than louisville and very pro student. You will get a great all-around education if general dentistry is your thing, but they also send a lot of people to specialties if you decide to go that way. Plus Lexington is a great city and you can't beat going to UK basketball games!

Heavyd22 said:

FWIW, I don't know much about L'ville other than the class size is larger. I'm at UKCD and so far (I'm 1st year) I really like it. Jediwendell is correct; UK is very student-oriented and the curriculum gets you in the clinic rather quickly.

Also, my class will be the first to not have to take micro with the med students next fall. This spring, however, we still take physiology with them, but word is that may change for the class of 2010- another potential bonus.

Again, based on just under one semester's experience, I do not know anyone at the college, DSI-DSIV, that regrets their decision to attend UK (although I'm sure there must be some)

Hope you get some input from a cardinal soon so it's not so one-sided.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heavyd22 said:
Congratulations by the way.

Heavyd22 said:

Both schools are excellent. Louisville is larger. Currently they have a acting dean (really a former dean) and are searching for a new dean.

I have a resident from Louisville... She loved it. I just came back from there trying to recruit more candidates for residency spots. (sorry Uof K students,,, wasn't invited there). I know most of the faculty - many were former students of mine,,, and they are good...

Decide on size, location, and speaking to current students.

R.Arm,DMD