Ketamine may help depression, anyone tried it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strength&Speed

Need more speed......
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i don't have the link...but apparently ketamine alleves depression very quickly...within a day. Why don't u guys quit giving the kids the good stuff, and save some for us

Members don't see this ad.

i don't have the link...but apparently ketamine alleves depression very quickly...within a day. Why don't u guys quit giving the kids the good stuff, and save some for us
Cocaine is a great antidepressant as well.
LSD does wonders and PCP is like magic for depression (if taken regularly).
Even Nicotine is a great antidepressant.
Why is everything that relieves depression has to be bad for you?

S hit! Exercise and a good night's rest are bad for you?

Members don't see this ad :)

I disagree. The first time I tried chew I puked.

I read an article recently that talked about LSD treatment for depression. I believe it was in Discover magazine. From what I remember it has been researched more recently after research stopping in the 60's and has shown some promising results so far. The one issue I remember seeing was they were wondering about long term use and down regulation of serotonin receptors. It was a pretty interesting read.

i think jet gutted it his first time. sorry jet, i dont know you, but ive read some of your posts...:)

actually, on that note, they had a study on 'shrooms which say that people felt happier and a more intense spiritually for the 3 months after they tried shrooms. I thnk they are looking into psilocyban as a therapeutic agent now.

I read an article recently that talked about LSD treatment for depression. I believe it was in Discover magazine. From what I remember it has been researched more recently after research stopping in the 60's and has shown some promising results so far. The one issue I remember seeing was they were wondering about long term use and down regulation of serotonin receptors. It was a pretty interesting read.
Many good medications are currently excluded from serious clinical research because of the guilt deeply rooted in modern society about everything that can produce euphoria or pleasure.
We basically have an unwritten rule that if a medication is producing happiness then it must be bad. It can be traced to the religious view of pleasure and sin to be synonymous.

Many good medications are currently excluded from serious clinical research because of the guilt deeply rooted in modern society about everything that can produce euphoria or pleasure.
We basically have an unwritten rule that if a medication is producing happiness then it must be bad. It can be traced to the religious view of pleasure and sin to be synonymous.

Someone obviously failed to mention this to the field of psychiatry, who figured out that you can't possibly be unhappy on a combination of Remeron and Effexor (a.k.a. "California rocket fuel").

-copro

I have heard it definitely has the potential for abuse, but I have not heard of it being used as an antidepressant.

This reminds me of a clinician who told us that he loves to give ritalin to the elderly population for depression. He said he discussed this with a colleague and proclaimed his love for prescribing ritalin for depression. His colleague replied "of course its great for depression, hell, I wouldn't be depressed if I was on speed either, you are going to get investigated if you're not careful!"

This has become a revived topic especially since the recent passing of Albert Hoffman (the scientist that discovered LSD). There are scientists in Europe that are currently studying possible medicinal uses for LSD. This is not a possibility in the US thanks to the damn hippies who facilitated it's current controlled substance classification. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Dr. Hoffmans "problem child."