Keyhole question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

themuffinman11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In this question, I'm confused as to how C can be the correct answer, aren't we only able to rotate the answers not use the mirror image?
keyhole #2.png

Members don't see this ad.

View attachment 223174
I think it has to do more with how the middle part is positioned. In the actual object, it's pretty much in the center, aligned with the top piece, and in E it is not (offset slightly). C and E are not mirror images. Hope this helps. :)

I know why E is wrong, but I thought for keyholes we can only rotate and not take the mirror image. For C, the bar on the top is on the wrong side right (facing left when it should face right)?

But rotating an object 180* does give you its mirror image...:confused: C is correct, because they just grabbed it and rotated it 180 degrees around a vertical axis (if this makes sense).

Oh I was referring to rotating it in plane (not by vertical axis), wait so we can rotate the hole 180 degrees about the vertical axis (so the mirror image)... I'm not sure if I've been doing that before and I'm just losing my mind right now lol

Oh I was referring to rotating it in plane (not by vertical axis), wait so we can rotate the hole 180 degrees about the vertical axis (so the mirror image)... I'm not sure if I've been doing that before and I'm just losing my mind right now lol
Hhahahhaha yes you can rotate it along an axis, that's the only way you can get the mirror image AND thus have C as correct :) haha

Reactions: 1 user
I would think of it more as being able to rotate the object any way you need to in order to get it through the keyhole, rather than rotating the keyhole itself - that made it easier for me to mentally visualize.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users