Kicked out of medical school, school won't let me see essay exam I failed....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Flopotomist said:
Well, I don't think that as future physicians we should encourage people that clearly can't handle the workload into searching for loopholes that will enable them to become an MD when they just don't have what it takes. We are not talking about a banker that may screw up some paperwork, this is human lives that are potentially at stake.

Further, the OP is already no doubt in considerable debt - why encourage him to add to this debt by hiring a lawyer? Plus, if he wins, he may have to take out even more loans, and ultimately be unable to pass his boards.

Why are you so judgemental? My school actually has a 5 year program for some students- I don't know exactly what the criteria is to be put on that track, but basically some students spread traditional first year courses over two years. I would never presume that the 5 year students "don't have what it takes" to be good physicians because they "can't handle" the same pace as the rest of us. Nor do I think these spots should be given to people that can complete the program in 4 years. My school obviously selected these students for reasons that were not based soley on academics, and I appreciate the diversity. BTW, the 5 yr students do pass the boards. In addition, at my school you have to pass 50% of the exams and receive a 70 as your final grade to pass a course. Think of it this way: you can fail 50% of the tests in med school and still become a doctor. It is the school's right to dimiss the poster, and *hopefully* the academic review process was fair- but you are certainly not in a position in life to judge whether or not he has "what it takes" to become a good physician based on the information in these posts.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok i think what I say will probably elicit a slew of comments telling me to get off my high horse (an SDN favorite I've noticed :) ) but I'll say it anyway. Why are we so understading of people's academic failures when it comes to med school? Why can't we just accept the fact that there are fields out there that require special skills -- and if you don't have them then you'll fail in that field?? If I wanted to go into a carreer as an opera diva but had trouble hitting a note, no one would hesitate to tell me that that field is not for me. Well, it's the same with medicine and academics. I know that many will argue that book smarts alone do not a good physician make, but I think that they certainly contribute a great deal, otherwise medical schools would not be so selective when it comes to grades. I already think that med schools give people a lot of second chances: in our school you can retake any exam you failed and if you fail it again then you get to repeat the year. Now if you fail that a THIRD time, then it's a bit ridiculous to complain that the school is kicking you out. Why are we telling people who failed repeatedly and lost all of their appeals to persevere and apply to other schools??? If studying for endless exams and cramming immense amount of info into your head is not your forte, that doesn;t make you any less of a person -- it just means you chose the wrong career and we shouldn't be afraid to tell people that.

yellowcat322 said:
Ok i think what I say will probably elicit a slew of comments telling me to get off my high horse (an SDN favorite I've noticed :) ) but I'll say it anyway. Why are we so understading of people's academic failures when it comes to med school? Why can't we just accept the fact that there are fields out there that require special skills -- and if you don't have them then you'll fail in that field?? If I wanted to go into a carreer as an opera diva but had trouble hitting a note, no one would hesitate to tell me that that field is not for me. Well, it's the same with medicine and academics. I know that many will argue that book smarts alone do not a good physician make, but I think that they certainly contribute a great deal, otherwise medical schools would not be so selective when it comes to grades. I already think that med schools give people a lot of second chances: in our school you can retake any exam you failed and if you fail it again then you get to repeat the year. Now if you fail that a THIRD time, then it's a bit ridiculous to complain that the school is kicking you out. Why are we telling people who failed repeatedly and lost all of their appeals to persevere and apply to other schools??? If studying for endless exams and cramming immense amount of info into your head is not your forte, that doesn;t make you any less of a person -- it just means you chose the wrong career and we shouldn't be afraid to tell people that.

yellowcat I LOVE your avatar, I have it as my background on the computer! soooo cute.... do you have cats?

As for the OP, its tough, you need to analyze WHY u got kicked out of med school, or more specifically what led to the bad grade/s. If it was that you are having some physical/psychological/medical/family issues than maybe you need to ask your school to give you some times off. Analyze what the problem is exactly and then you'll be able to go from there....

Regardless I wish you all the luck in the world.... it's hard being rejected or expelled and is hard on your self-esteem, but just remember we all have something to offer this world and no matter what each and every one of us can be successful :) good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
yellowcat322 said:

I agree that everyone is not cut out academically to be a doctor. Admissions considers our academic records/ MCAT scores in an attempt to choose people that can handle med school academically. Sometimes people still won't be able to handle it. My issue is with SDN posters making harsh accusations without knowing 1/10th of the facts. Each school has an academic review process- these are the experts who should make the decision on whether or not a person should remain in school, because they (hopefully) have the facts. Even then it isn't always going to be right/ fair/ equitable. As I stated before, my school has chosen to develop a 5 year curriculum so some people can spread the basic sciences over 3 years. I'll bet most of these people make good doctors. If this guy was in our program, he probably wouldn't be in the situation he is in. But he isn't. So who knows whether or not he would make a good doctor in the end. The point is that he is going through a very difficult time right now. I think it is inappropriate to post to everyone else on the board that "we" shouldn't encourage him because he "obviously doesn't have what it takes." How about showing a little compassion, or at a minimum post something constructive/ not degrading. Just who are "we" to draw such a conclusion when we really know nothing about this person??? If you want to discuss the merits/pitfalls of keeping students in medical school that are failing classes (or the merits of having a 5 year program, etc), that's fine- start another thread.

Ocean11: yeah I have a cat that I'm crazy about, but she looks nothing like the cats in the picture -- she's all black

dpill: You're right. we don;t know enough about this person. But, he WAS reviewed by a qualified academic committee and they felt that he was not qualified to continue. It's not like we're telling him to drop out of school for failing a class or two. He's at a point right now where he needs to decide where his life is going to go from now on. while that choice is exclusively his to make, i think it's wrong to encourage him to stay in medicine. I don;t think that anything I said was unsympathetic. I didn't criticize him or say anything derogatory. I just believe that not all people are qualified for ALL professions -- sometimes you have to know when to switch tracks. Failing med school exams doesn't mean you're not smart -- just means that the specific learning style required in medicine is not your forte. Like I said before, if I wanted to be a singer but had no voice I would be better off if people told me the truth off the bat instead of encouraging me to keep going and keep failing just so they can sound sympathetic. As for the 5 year track I think it's a good idea overall, but this person has already been left back and is failing a repeat year, so I doubt that a 5 year track would have made a difference.

yellowcat322 said:
I didn't criticize him or say anything derogatory. QUOTE]

I completely agree- you did not. I wasn't referring to your post. I understand your points and I don't think the OP would disagree. He just asked for some advice on his options given his circumstances- which seems like a wise thing to do. And you offered your opinion in truthful but considerate way.

dpill, I agree with you that we should not make judgments about the academic merit of strangers on SDN - but in this particular situation, the body formed to make these decisions DID make a decision. From the OPs post, we have no reason to believe that the decision was made improperly. I did give constructive advice, which was to accept the decision, and save himself a ton of money in legal fees, and future tuition. You may disagree with my advice, but the advice is certainly not cruel or inappropriate as you have suggested.

yellowcat322 said:
if I wanted to be a singer but had no voice I would be better off if people told me the truth off the bat instead of encouraging me to keep going and keep failing

Try explaining that one to Britney Spears :smuggrin:

Does the OP even read this thread anymore? Or was he just trollin'?!

Anyway, I know this thread is helping a lot of people who have decelerated like me. Sometimes, the Deans can make snap decisions, such as they see one bad grade on a test, realize the student needs an A on the final to pass the course, assume they are not going to get an A, and expel the student before the course is over...it's not fair...but those situations do arise, and quite frequently I might add...you just have to FIGHT it 50X times as hard and explain that you really want to be a doctor and you really want to be in med school.

PiccoloPlaya82 said:
Does the OP even read this thread anymore? Or was he just trollin'?!

Anyway, I know this thread is helping a lot of people who have decelerated like me. Sometimes, the Deans can make snap decisions, such as they see one bad grade on a test, realize the student needs an A on the final to pass the course, assume they are not going to get an A, and expel the student before the course is over...it's not fair...but those situations do arise, and quite frequently I might add...you just have to FIGHT it 50X times as hard and explain that you really want to be a doctor and you really want to be in med school.
i think he was just trolling.

Anyway so you were unbanned last night and banned again??? :confused: :eek:

Why do I keep getting banned? :confused: I didn't even spam the board about transvestite love this time!

PiccoloPlaya2 said:
Why do I keep getting banned? :confused: I didn't even spam the board about transvestite love this time!
maybe b/c you keep coming back under similar names after being banned??? :confused:

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone asking for personal academic advice on SDN, I learned that one early the game back in 2002, past 3yrs now and things havent changed. I mean this is same webboard where some folks believe God forbid u get less than a 30 on the MCAT and get into med schl. Folks grow up. To the OP, sorry to hear of your situation, its extremely unfortunate, and definitely the thing to really think about before going into any med schl is just how much support is available if u do indeed stumble. Regardless of what folks say, we all do at some point during our journey. Goodluck with whatever u end up doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
PiccoloPlaya2 said:

Because you (the person, not just the username or other permutations of it) are BANNED. That's the definition of being banned from something...it means you're not allowed to post on SDN any more, period.

MissMary said:
Unfortunately, no one was talking to you, so I will tell you what I told Pembleton: MIND YOUR BUSINESS.
I don't want to get involved in this fight but really, you can't expect to have a private, uninterrupted conversation/fight with one other person on a large, public forum. When you post here, you are talking to everyone, not just the person you responded to, so yeah you might get some people jumping in even if it's 'not their business'. If you want to speak privately with someone, PM them. Don't expect to be able to have a private side conversation in an open forum.

failing outa medschool is somewhat greasy

inabind said:
I just got kick out of medical school as a 2nd year (I've gone through the 1st appeal process in front of the committee and 2nd appeal in front of Dean and my dissmissal was upheld after both appeals).

Anyways, the exam that I failed that caused me to be put on dismissal status (by causing me to fail over the maximum allowed credits) was an essay exam. The school, however, won't let me see how my essay exam was graded. I thought I did much better on the essay exam than the score I actually obtained. Do I have any legal recourse?

I think I might call the school and threaten legal action so I can see how my essay was graded. I think that would scare them enough (the medical school is private and its parent university, also private, has been having a lot of financial problems lately).

Med schools don't generally kick you out for failing an exam. Either you have a long record of failing (which they have tried to work with you in the past), or you royally pissed someone off at the school and they were looking for an excuse to get rid of you.

Med schools will generally loyally work with their students...unless you do something to piss them off.

Either way, get a lawyer NOW. Make it a good one.
Document every conversation, save every email, do not contact them without your lawyer's ok.

Inabind, I really hope you read this. My best friend at my school was also kicked out of US medical school after 2 years. He is now at a Carribean med school in his 4th semester. He had to start all over again, but at least he made it through the 4 semesters of Basic Sciences at this Carribean med school. A Carribean med school is the way to go if the lawyer does not work out. Please consider applying and pm for specifics of my school if you want.

Pterodonna said:
Pyschodoc, I really hope you read this. My best friend at my school was also kicked out of US medical school after 2 years. He is now at a Carribean med school in his 4th semester. He had to start all over again, but at least he made it through the 4 semesters of Basic Sciences at this Carribean med school. A Carribean med school is the way to go if the lawyer does not work out. Please consider applying and pm for specifics of my school if you want.
:confused: :confused: i'm a little confused why you addressed this to me...i am not the OP and thankfully not kicked out of med school. But your advice sounds really good. :thumbup:

Pterodonna said:
Pyschodoc, I really hope you read this. My best friend at my school was also kicked out of US medical school after 2 years. He is now at a Carribean med school in his 4th semester. He had to start all over again, but at least he made it through the 4 semesters of Basic Sciences at this Carribean med school. A Carribean med school is the way to go if the lawyer does not work out. Please consider applying and pm for specifics of my school if you want.

does this screw you when you apply for residency? i'm guessing if you failed out of one program and went to another, you're likely looking at only matching in less competitive things. that might be a point where the op should decide whether or not that's worth it. if the op just wants to do family practice, i'd say go for the caribbean option. to clarify, i'm not saying caribbean grads can only do family practice -- i know that's false because i've seen match lists for schools like sgu and ross. however, i think it's possible that failing out of a us school and then transferring to the caribbean might raise some serious red flags when applying for residencies.

Pterodonna said:
My best friend at my school was also kicked out of US medical school after 2 years. He is now at a Carribean med school in his 4th semester. He had to start all over again, but at least he made it through the 4 semesters of Basic Sciences at this Carribean med school. A Carribean med school is the way to go if the lawyer does not work out. Please consider applying and pm for specifics of my school if you want.

Actually, I have a really good friend of mine who was kicked out of a US med school for low performance. They weren't giving him the accomodations that he required for his learning disability. He had to start over as well and is now a second year at a different US med school.

Keep track of your med school friends at other schools. You just might have to call in a favor and have them drop some good words about you to their adcom director.

UCLA2000 said:
Actually, I have a really good friend of mine who was kicked out of a US med school for low performance. They weren't giving him the accomodations that he required for his learning disability. He had to start over as well and is now a second year at a different US med school.

Keep track of your med school friends at other schools. You just might have to call in a favor and have them drop some good words about you to their adcom director.

If your friend requested disability services and had proof of a disability, it is against the American Disabilities Act to deny those accomodations. When your friend has time, she/he should check in to this.

So to the OP, what happened? keep us updated dude.... we want to help :)

Psycho Doctor said:
:confused: :confused: i'm a little confused why you addressed this to me...i am not the OP and thankfully not kicked out of med school. But your advice sounds really good. :thumbup:

Very sorry- I meant "inabind" who is the original poster. Sorry I got the names confused. I will edit my post.

namaste said:
If your friend requested disability services and had proof of a disability, it is against the American Disabilities Act to deny those accomodations. When your friend has time, she/he should check in to this.

They did. They also got an attorney. The school used some loophole to say that it provided some accomodations (extra test time). Problem is that they didn't provide tutoring (which is all he wanted).

Pterodonna said:
Very sorry- I meant "inabind" who is the original poster. Sorry I got the names confused. I will edit my post.
no problem, easy mistake, the names are so similar :D

Psycho Doctor said:
no problem, easy mistake, the names are so similar :D

No, this is just such a long thread that by the time I got to the last page I forgot who the original poster was. On that note, I sure wish he would respond and update us on his situation. :confused:

yeah update us on the situation yaar.

Dude, what happened? Did you get back into med school or what? The SAME thing happened to me, I got kicked out of med school last year :( and I'm reapplying everywhere and taking my MCAT again. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to get into medical school again - not only in the Caribbean, but in the US as well. (Canada's probably out of the question though, sorry guys, but at that point I doubt you'd care where you went as long as it was on planet earth.) The only catch is, you'd have to have a REALLY good, sincere explanation of what happened and why it won't happen again. Best of luck. Unlike everyone else on here, I know exactly how you feel.

Oh yeah, and one more thing - if for whatever reason you find you can never get into med school again, the only quick way to push back your loans and repay it successfully is to go to law school. But only do this if you love law and really want to be a lawyer as much as you want to be a doctor like I do.

CoolCucumber said:
Dude, what happened? Did you get back into med school or what? The SAME thing happened to me, I got kicked out of med school last year :( and I'm reapplying everywhere and taking my MCAT again. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to get into medical school again - not only in the Caribbean, but in the US as well. (Canada's probably out of the question though, sorry guys, but at that point I doubt you'd care where you went as long as it was on planet earth.) The only catch is, you'd have to have a REALLY good, sincere explanation of what happened and why it won't happen again. Best of luck. Unlike everyone else on here, I know exactly how you feel.

Oh yeah, and one more thing - if for whatever reason you find you can never get into med school again, the only quick way to push back your loans and repay it successfully is to go to law school. But only do this if you love law and really want to be a lawyer as much as you want to be a doctor like I do.

the reason why people normally do not get back into us med schools once they are kicked out is because if they had a "really good sincere explanation", then they would not have been kicked out in the first place and would have been allowed to stay in. There are always the people that try and make up an explanation, but most places will actually call the school they were kicked out of to find out the real story. Thus, for the few percent that are actually able to fail out, if they want to continue in medicine they go to the caribbean.

Well actually, there are people who DO somehow get back into american schools. While that is an extremely small number, it is possible. Normally they pursue a master's degree in the medical sciences and only if they do really well and retake the mcat and do really well on it along with scientific work and volunteer work. Then they apply to many, many schools. Then it is actually possible but it takes a few years. Otherwise they go to the caribbean. However, carib schools are not any easier, or at least the USMLE Step 1 isn't, so if they don't learn from their mistakes they'll fail there as well.

What i meant by really good sincere explanation is that maybe AFTER they get kicked out they find that they have a learning disabilty after being tested for it and documented. In that case the original medical school should let them back in but usually med schools find some loophole to not regard learning disabilities as a serious issue - it's true, it's happened to me. Instead of wasting time suing my school which i could totally get back in, i figured i need their recommendations and am just reapplying to places where i have a shot.

by the way - don't think you can't fail out of med school. Other than me, there are quite a few people who do fail out and it's usually for a multitude of reasons other than a lack of brilliance.

CoolCucumber said:
Well actually, there are people who DO somehow get back into american schools. While that is an extremely small number, it is possible. Normally they pursue a master's degree in the medical sciences and only if they do really well and retake the mcat and do really well on it along with scientific work and volunteer work. Then they apply to many, many schools. Then it is actually possible but it takes a few years. Otherwise they go to the caribbean. However, carib schools are not any easier, or at least the USMLE Step 1 isn't, so if they don't learn from their mistakes they'll fail there as well.

What i meant by really good sincere explanation is that maybe AFTER they get kicked out they find that they have a learning disabilty after being tested for it and documented. In that case the original medical school should let them back in but usually med schools find some loophole to not regard learning disabilities as a serious issue - it's true, it's happened to me. Instead of wasting time suing my school which i could totally get back in, i figured i need their recommendations and am just reapplying to places where i have a shot.

by the way - don't think you can't fail out of med school. Other than me, there are quite a few people who do fail out and it's usually for a multitude of reasons other than a lack of brilliance.

stressed.gif
you guys have me so panicked right now :( :scared:

CoolCucumber said:

It's true, I know at least 5-6 people who've been expelled (from different med schools in the US) and at least 4 who've droped out b/c the curriculum is SOOOO hard...... and as I said from diff med schools... not just one!!!

ocean11 said:
It's true, I know at least 5-6 people who've been expelled (from different med schools in the US) and at least 4 who've droped out b/c the curriculum is SOOOO hard...... and as I said from diff med schools... not just one!!!
this is NOT encouraging :scared:

I feel really bad for you. All I can say is that you are in a very bad situation because medical schools typically do all they can to pass the students. Here at nycom, you can fail all the courses and if you pass the make ups, you are fine. Even if you fail 2 courses and the make ups, you can make them up over the summer. It seems that you were dozing off a little bit too much in the first year and caught this too late. You must have failed a lot man. :scared:

If you are in an MD school I would retake the MCAT and apply to a DO school but DON'T tell anyone that you failed out of medical school. How are they going to find out? If you are in a DO school then retake the MCAT and apply to a MD school because my crazy theory is that DO schools and MD schools don't communicate with each other. Or just screw the whole medical school thing and go to dentistry or pediatry since it is easier and you can handle it. Plus, they don't really care if you flunked out.

yanky5 said:
I feel really bad for you. All I can say is that you are in a very bad situation because medical schools typically do all they can to pass the students. Here at nycom, you can fail all the courses and if you pass the make ups, you are fine. Even if you fail 2 courses and the make ups, you can make them up over the summer. It seems that you were dozing off a little bit too much in the first year and caught this too late. You must have failed a lot man. :scared:

If you are in an MD school I would retake the MCAT and apply to a DO school but DON'T tell anyone that you failed out of medical school. How are they going to find out? If you are in a DO school then retake the MCAT and apply to a MD school because my crazy theory is that DO schools and MD schools don't communicate with each other. Or just screw the whole medical school thing and go to dentistry or pediatry since it is easier and you can handle it. Plus, they don't really care if you flunked out.
Except if your new school do find out, you're kicked out immediately.

yanky5 said:

it is the same way at my school. they literally do almost anything to keep you in. If they kick you out or fail you out, they are losing $23k per year... they want your money! Isn't the stat for failure rate/dropout rate out of medical school around 1% of those admitted? So, I don't think you have anything to fear yet PD... 99% of people will make it through... eventually.

To CC, it sucks that your school did not offer to have you tested for a learning disability. I know at my school they offered free testing at the beginning of the first year and they offer it to people who are having a hard time. They actually treat us like investments...

Wow! They offered that to you? Boy did I get screwed. I still have to undergo the remaining battery of tests over the next few weeks but my med school told me they wouldn't use learning disabilities as an excuse!!! :eek: but isn't that against the law:confused: i think so

Anyway, I figured I wouldn't sue them because 1. I was dismally unhappy with the school, the faculty, the admin, and majority of students and don't really wanna go back there again which is why i'm not reapplying there even though they said i could 2. I need their recommendation letters! But yeah, if you reapply to ANY school, you need to be upfront about being dismissed/withdrawing/expulsion from ANY medical school in the past ANYWHERE on earth whether allopathic or osteopathic. There are actually places on the form where they ask if you have ever attended a medical school previously and you need to be honest about it otherwise if you matriculate and they find out you will get kicked out for lying on your application! And that is way worse than bad grades!

Actually dentistry, podiatry, pharmacy, chiropractor and optometry schools do care because they take a lot of the same classes...But law schools don't care :laugh:

Psycho Doctor said:
stressed.gif
you guys have me so panicked right now :( :scared:

Psycho! CALM DOWN! You can only get kicked out if you fail an entire class twice, like what happened to me. (But that's really rare, I just had an enormous case of bad luck and ended up disenchanted with the school and am probably not going to reapply there even though my dean told me to. I think it's time for me to start fresh.) Just stay strong and pass your exams. You'll be fine as long as your happy with the school and your career choice.

By the way...niiiiiiice skull smiley!

wow, that was fast...she went from posting to banned within the 10 minutes I spent reading these threads... :laugh:

I have just come across this website and I am pretty shocked by most of the responses to 'In_a_Blind's' post. This person was asking for some constructive advice during an emotionally and financially trying time. Rather dissapointingly the majority of responses were directed at declaring the mistakes that this person may have made. Are you all crazy? I assure you this person is fully aware of the mistakes s/he made and comprehends completely the consequences of his actions. Very few of you actually addressed the intial query, instead prefering to take the oppurtunity to criticise and condescend.

I find all these judgemental posts really ridiculous. Having failed medical school in the second year myself I am very familiar with the problematic situation this person faces. Contrary to the major belief of those persons posting in this thread, it IS possible to kicked out of medical school having failed one exam only, if that exam is a compulsory final component of the annual assessment. Not one single person who failed one or more assessed components during my time at UCL were allowed to repeat: we were all asked to leave.

It is also possible to get back into medical school after failing at the first attempt. To succeed in entering medical school in the first place indicates an intellectual capacity that is capable of handling the curriculum, however most of us who do stumble, trip over behavioural aspects. And this hurdle is exactly what most of us need to reasses our behaviour, priorities and dedication to our ambition.

In a Blind - I hope that your sitution has been resolved effectively. I hope you are dealing with this traumatic event. Know that you can enter medicine again in the future if you want and don't listen to some of the patronising arrogant opinions of posters on this site. If you fix what went wrong there is no reason you cannot reapply as long as you take another course to prove your academic merit.

Good luck dude. Sorry to everyone about the long rant, but surely in situations as dire as this, a little kindess wouldn't go amiss?

lol, nice one. Next time you do a search on a new forum, check the dates of the threads you pull up. ;)

Having failed medical school in the second year myself I am very familiar with the problematic situation this person faces. Contrary to the major belief of those persons posting in this thread, it IS possible to kicked out of medical school having failed one exam only, if that exam is a compulsory final component of the annual assessment. Not one single person who failed one or more assessed components during my time at UCL were allowed to repeat: we were all asked to leave.

As others have pointed out, the OP hasn't posted on SDN for two years, so it's unlikely s/he will see your comments to him/her.
In terms of the above bolded statement -- at most US allo med schools I am aware of folks have the opportunity to retake things they fail, and nobody I have ever come across has ever been kicked out of school for a single failure on an exam. Lots of places make you retake the test, the course, or the year, but that is very different than failing out. Is UCL a UK school (University College London?)? If so, you are missing the fact that pretty much everyone in this thread is a US allopathic student, responding to claims of another US allopathic student. Things work very different here-- part of the reason admissions is so difficult is because once you are in, you rarely fail out.

If you are kicked out of a US medical school and can't reapply or don't get accepted to other ones, DO NOT waste time, apply to the Caribbean immediately. However, you must COMPLETELY change your game plan and study routine. Remember many Caribbean schools are more difficult than US schools because they tend to be "weed out" schools and don't give many chances, so if you're failing at a US school, chances are you are going to fail the exams at a Carib school and get kicked out also. Best of luck :)

If you are kicked out of a US medical school and can't reapply or don't get accepted to other ones, DO NOT waste time, apply to the Caribbean immediately. However, you must COMPLETELY change your game plan and study routine. Remember many Caribbean schools are more difficult than US schools because they tend to be "weed out" schools and don't give many chances, so if you're failing at a US school, chances are you are going to fail the exams at a Carib school and get kicked out also. Best of luck :)

On what basis are you making those assumptions?