Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

kids and residency/4th year

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by olivia, Jun 24, 2001.

1. olivia

olivia New Member

does anyone have insight into having kids during 4th year or residency? i'm interested in family practice, and i'd like to talk to others who have been in this situation. how did it work for you? would you do it again??

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GreatPumpkin

GreatPumpkin Mystical Treatbringer

Non-Student
    A few of the women in my class had children during 4th year. It really is the year to do it. Most programs give lots of flexablility during the 4th year electives. But, you should consult the individual school. At my school you can take a "reading" month which is basically a month off. And, you can take other rotations that only require comming in once a week. Good luck.

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    There have been some great discussions on this topic here before. You might consider doing a search for the threads. In addition, there is a Medical Mommies UseNet and web site I believe (but unfortunately I can't remember the URL). Does anyone out there have the info for Olivia?

5. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member

Everything reminds me of a movie lately. This thread reminds me of one about folks in med school (I forget the title). Anyway, the asian girl gets pregnant while in gross anatomy. She ends up wearing a gas mask to help her through morning sickness. By the way, that situation ended up number 17 on my list of 53 reasons that I'm glad I'm a guy. Number 8 is remembering that I have to stop work at 4:30 PM in order to get home for wrestling time with my sons so that we can trash the house after mom spent all day cleaning it up.

6. Pikevillemedstudent

Pikevillemedstudent Bengals Fan

Attending Physician
    The name of the movie was "Gross Anatomy." It's kinda cheesy now though. :)