Kids from DE, ME, NH, RI=screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NPursuit

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So these kiddos get nothing like the WICHE program? And no in-state tuition?

So basically their best alternative is to move to another state and establish residency elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

Jefferson saves up to 20 spots for Delaware residents.

UVM takes Mainers into special consideration.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pembleton said:
Jefferson saves up to 20 spots for Delaware residents.

I believe (but I could be wrong) Jefferson also gives them in state tuition.

LionKing said:
I believe (but I could be wrong) Jefferson also gives them in state tuition.

Jefferson is a private school - no in-state tuition.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that the University of Arizona will consider applications from people of any state (not just WICHE) that lacks a medical school. I've lived in AZ all my life, but our medical school's admissions practices are a complete mystery to me and everyone who I know.

I think we (Rhode Islanders) can qualify for slightly reduced tuition at UConn.

Dartmouth has an obligation to NH residents. If you ask me that is a pretty good school to have an advantage.

Don't forget DC. DC residents don't get the benefits of state tuition or advantages either.

TMag said:
Don't forget DC. DC residents don't get the benefits of state tuition or advantages either.

True, but they do have three schools with a fairly high acceptance rates for in-state (district) applicants. Still, they all have high tuition along with low financial aid, so that sucks.

If you're talking about Gtown, GW and Howard. They don't have a preference (Actually I'm not sure about Howard, but I know Gtown and GW don't really give a preference to DC residents).