Kind of a newbie question about completed courses....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maestrojo

re-pre-Pharm.....
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess its pretty self explanitory but do I have to have all of the prereq's finished before I APPLY to pharmacy school?

I'm asking this because by spring of 07 i'll have all the courses I need to get in but the applications are due by November 1st of this year, If I want to get into the Fall 07 pharmacy class. Does it vary for schools or are you put on some sort of probation?

how does this work?

Members don't see this ad.

Maestrojo said:
I guess its pretty self explanitory but do I have to have all of the prereq's finished before I APPLY to pharmacy school?

I'm asking this because by spring of 07 i'll have all the courses I need to get in but the applications are due by November 1st of this year, If I want to get into the Fall 07 pharmacy class. Does it vary for schools or are you put on some sort of probation?

how does this work?
No, you don't have to have all your prereqs finished before you apply, but you will have to list which courses are in progress/yet to be completed in PharmCAS. Generally, the schools will just give you an acceptance offer contingent on your finishing up coursework. One of mine actually had the list of courses (2) that I had to complete in the offer letter. Obviously, you don't want to wait too long for things like organic and calc that you will need to take the PCAT.

I would definitely call the school(s) and make sure with them. Some school will let you finish the rest of your pre-reqs in the summer before you start pharmacy school, while some school required you to finish all your pre-reqs the last semester of your undergrad.

Maestrojo said:

how does this work?

What school are you planning to apply to?