Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Kind of a newbie question about completed courses....

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Maestrojo, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Maestrojo

Maestrojo re-pre-Pharm.....
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I guess its pretty self explanitory but do I have to have all of the prereq's finished before I APPLY to pharmacy school?

I'm asking this because by spring of 07 i'll have all the courses I need to get in but the applications are due by November 1st of this year, If I want to get into the Fall 07 pharmacy class. Does it vary for schools or are you put on some sort of probation?

how does this work?

2. rxlynn

rxlynn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    No, you don't have to have all your prereqs finished before you apply, but you will have to list which courses are in progress/yet to be completed in PharmCAS. Generally, the schools will just give you an acceptance offer contingent on your finishing up coursework. One of mine actually had the list of courses (2) that I had to complete in the offer letter. Obviously, you don't want to wait too long for things like organic and calc that you will need to take the PCAT.

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would definitely call the school(s) and make sure with them. Some school will let you finish the rest of your pre-reqs in the summer before you start pharmacy school, while some school required you to finish all your pre-reqs the last semester of your undergrad.

4. DuocSi2010

DuocSi2010 Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    What school are you planning to apply to?