kinda of naive question about the Wreb..hopefully i am gonna get anwer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Y.M

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

Is it possible for a foreign train dentist to take the WREB exam without taking 2 years program?.

In other world what is the requirement for FTD to take this exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello

Is it possible for a foreign train dentist to take the WREB exam without taking 2 years program?.

In other world what is the requirement for FTD to take this exam?

As far as I understand FTDs have to go through some sort of accredited program (DDS/DMD, MS/Certified program, AEGD) to take WREB. Did ou check their website or write to them?

yes that is what i found in their website

Since I am a foreign graduate, what do I need to do to be eligible for the WREB exam?

You will need to contact the state board where you wish to practice dentistry and inform that state board that you are a foreign graduate and want to take the WREB dental exam. The state board will send an original letter (with the state seal affixed) to the WREB office stating that you have met their requirements and are eligible to take the WREB dental exam. This letter is your proof of qualification. You may register for an exam before the letter from the state board is received. The letter must be received three weeks prior to the first day of the exam, or you will be cancelled from the exam and no refund will be given. You will not receive your candidate schedule until the original copy of the qualifying letter is received from the state board

but still don't know how can you get the State board to send letter to WREB mentioning that you can take the exam

Members don't see this ad :)
Generally, to take WREB you must be a graduate of accredited DDS/DMD program. Or else state dental board must write to the WREB allowing you to take their exam. when and how will state board write to WREB?
California: if you pass RT exam, then you can request CA board to write a letter to the WREB . this route is closed now unless you hae already passed both NBDEs by 2004 and approved to take RT exam.
Minnesota: if you satisfy their requirements,board approves your application, then MN board writes to WREB.
At the moment ONLY Minnesota State allows this without DDS/DMD or masters. some other states allow you to take WREB if you have done a minimum of 2 year masters program in a recognized dental specialty or GPR/AEGD in lieu of doing DDS/DMD.

yes that is what i found in their website

Since I am a foreign graduate, what do I need to do to be eligible for the WREB exam?

You will need to contact the state board where you wish to practice dentistry and inform that state board that you are a foreign graduate and want to take the WREB dental exam. The state board will send an original letter (with the state seal affixed) to the WREB office stating that you have met their requirements and are eligible to take the WREB dental exam. This letter is your proof of qualification. You may register for an exam before the letter from the state board is received. The letter must be received three weeks prior to the first day of the exam, or you will be cancelled from the exam and no refund will be given. You will not receive your candidate schedule until the original copy of the qualifying letter is received from the state board

but still don't know how can you get the State board to send letter to WREB mentioning that you can take the exam

Thanks For Your Answer