SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

kinda of naive question about the Wreb..hopefully i am gonna get anwer

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by Y.M, May 2, 2007.

  1. Y.M

    Y.M 5+ Year Member

    Oct 19, 2006

    Is it possible for a foreign train dentist to take the WREB exam without taking 2 years program?.

    In other world what is the requirement for FTD to take this exam?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. rahmed

    rahmed SDN Angel 7+ Year Member

    Sep 10, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    As far as I understand FTDs have to go through some sort of accredited program (DDS/DMD, MS/Certified program, AEGD) to take WREB. Did ou check their website or write to them?
  4. Y.M

    Y.M 5+ Year Member

    Oct 19, 2006
    yes that is what i found in their website

    Since I am a foreign graduate, what do I need to do to be eligible for the WREB exam?

    You will need to contact the state board where you wish to practice dentistry and inform that state board that you are a foreign graduate and want to take the WREB dental exam. The state board will send an original letter (with the state seal affixed) to the WREB office stating that you have met their requirements and are eligible to take the WREB dental exam. This letter is your proof of qualification. You may register for an exam before the letter from the state board is received. The letter must be received three weeks prior to the first day of the exam, or you will be cancelled from the exam and no refund will be given. You will not receive your candidate schedule until the original copy of the qualifying letter is received from the state board

    but still don't know how can you get the State board to send letter to WREB mentioning that you can take the exam
  5. nondentist

    nondentist Member 7+ Year Member

    Jan 22, 2004
    Generally, to take WREB you must be a graduate of accredited DDS/DMD program. Or else state dental board must write to the WREB allowing you to take their exam. when and how will state board write to WREB?
    California: if you pass RT exam, then you can request CA board to write a letter to the WREB . this route is closed now unless you hae already passed both NBDEs by 2004 and approved to take RT exam.
    Minnesota: if you satisfy their requirements,board approves your application, then MN board writes to WREB.
    At the moment ONLY Minnesota State allows this without DDS/DMD or masters. some other states allow you to take WREB if you have done a minimum of 2 year masters program in a recognized dental specialty or GPR/AEGD in lieu of doing DDS/DMD.

  6. Y.M

    Y.M 5+ Year Member

    Oct 19, 2006
    Thanks For Your Answer

Share This Page