1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

kirksville secondary help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by vdubpower, Sep 18, 2000.

1. vdubpower

vdubpower Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hello, i just got my secondary from kirksville. i noticed they have seperate forms for letters of recs. does anyone know if it would be OK to send out my letters of rec straight from my college, ucla's, pre professional office straight through to the med school, it will be difficult to find some of my letter writers in the next week to have them fill in a form.

also u know the questions that ask why u wanna be a DO. what else besides saying that i wanna be a doc, and i like the holistic view, etc etc would be beneficial to write

thanks for the help

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TNT

TNT Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Just send two science letters and one nonscience and you should be fine. Thats what I did and got an interview invite today. The extra sheets are optional. As for the why DO? cant help you on that one...you've just gotta think of something based on your life experiences, maybe someone else can help.

4. seanest

seanest New Member

Hey, do you really have to limit your answers to the Kirsksville secondary app. to the spaces provided? Seems too small to provide thorough answers.

5. Dave

Dave Member
    10+ Year Member

I believe they request on the application to keep the answer limited to the space provided. You don't want to piss them off so it would probably be wise to do as they ask.

6. TNT

TNT Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I actually attached a seperate sheet for the first three essay questions and still recieved an invite. So I think that they don't mind. Give them a call if you are unsure. Good luck.

7. milleniumhc

milleniumhc Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi there. I would definitely use the two (or is it three?) sheets that they gave you for recommendations if you can. I used them when I applied. You might want to call the office to double check, but I think that it is required. I know that it was last year. They try to get away from the generic form letter, that was why they do it that way. As for the responses, be very honest. They will otherwise see right through you during your interview. You need to explain why you really, truly, want to be an osteopath. Trust me, all of those hours in OTM will leave you crazy if you don't really want to be a DO. Have you read "The D.O.'s" by Gevitz? I highly recommend it. It is available on Amazon. Just really try not to be too generic when answering. I was just very honest with them. Have you ever been to KCOM? If so, that is very impressive to them, considering what it takes to get out here. If you have any questions about KCOM feel free to ask me. I wouldn't change my decision to come here for anything.

mhc
    KCOM class of 2004

8. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree w/ MHC, out <KCOM> admission people are exceptionally friendly and helpful. I fyou have a question as to the "How & Why" on your secodnary, don't hesitate to call them. One of the most consistent surprises, when I applied here, was just how friendly they were. Just a word of caution, if you really want to come here...be nice to everyone you meet. Your capacity to treat others, esp those who may or may not be your academic peers, factors heavily into your final admissions decision. Your interactions over the phone and ESP while you are on campus are carefully observed...which is why our student body gets along so damned well...just ask MHC.

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!