SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

kirksville secondaryhelp

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by vdubpower, Sep 18, 2000.

1. vdubpower

vdubpower Senior Member 10+ Year Member

hello, i just got my secondary from kirksville. i noticed they have seperate forms for letters of recs. does anyone know if it would be OK to send out my letters of rec straight from my college, ucla's, pre professional office straight through to the med school, it will be difficult to find some of my letter writers in the next week to have them fill in a form.

also u know the questions that ask why u wanna be a DO. what else besides saying that i wanna be a doc, and i like the holistic view, etc etc would be beneficial to write

thanks for the help

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. vdub,

For the most part, osteo schools are willing to accept a pre-health committee packet as long as it comes directly from the school. You really don't need to worry about sending the osteo rec. forms in as long as your school has a similar format, which I believe UCLA should.

4. vdubpower

vdubpower Senior Member 10+ Year Member

thanks robb

yeah thats what i was thinking and hoping too. is there any chance u may have an email for kirksville so i can ask to make sure. i have searched their web page and come up blank.

5. Sorry vdub, but i don't have kcom's email, however, I did apply last year and sent in a pre-health committee packet, and they did accept it. But, it's always a good idea to confirm with the school. Good luck.

6. Hskermdic

Hskermdic Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 17, 1998
    Kansas
    My school also uses a premed committee letter. What I did was to have the chair of that committee fill out the KCOM form, he then sent it along with the premed committee's letter.

Good luck

------------------
    Carrie
    KCOM '03