Kiss of death?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BGGA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had an interview scheduled today for 10am. :) On my way at about 9:14 when I recieve a phone call from the admissions office telling me that I have an interview. I know this, I'm on my way.... Then as I almost crash my car i realize that the interview time had been rescheduled for 9am. 9AM!!!!!!! Some how this detail had been erased from my memory. My interviewer cannot offer me another time during the day because she is swamped with meetings this week. So I am offered another interview next week. The lady at the admissions office was very nice, I didn't speak to my actual interviewer. What do you guys think? Did I just destroy my chances of an acceptance? I'm currently at work not knowing what to think of this situation. My boss is already annoying me. :mad: How could I be soooooooo stupid :(

Members don't see this ad.

Things happen. I think you will be ok. DOn't stress too much, they were nice and rescheduled, just apologize when you go next week. I hope you didn't fly there, that would have sucked. Anyhow, sorry ot hear about that, I would be so stressed too.

Alexander Pink said:
Things happen. I think you will be ok. DOn't stress too much, they were nice and rescheduled, just apologize when you go next week. I hope you didn't fly there, that would have sucked. Anyhow, sorry ot hear about that, I would be so stressed too.

I agree. Everyone on this forum feels for you. Is it terrible, yes. Did it destroy your chances, no. When you get to the interview, either in the beginning or at the end, apologize for missing the first interview. Tell them you are terribly sorry and that you know their time is important....blah, blah, blah....That lets them know how awful you felt about it and you know how it was important not to waste their time as well.

I think you can actually put a positive spin on it.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I will see what happens

Fermata said:
Mistakes happen, but don't ever let it happen again.

Punctuality is a big thing in medicine(and in any other kind of job).

Quit being a douche :)

Some of my classmates have interviewed applicants and trust me it is not a good thing to be late.

From what I read, they (or you?) had rescheduled the interview for 9, meaning apparently it was originally scheduled for 10. In light of that, I'm sure it is more forgivable that you forgot about the rescheduling, as opposed to just flat-out getting the time wrong.

i'm confused how you misunderstood...

Regardless of why or how you misunderstood/forgot, the bottom line is still that you still have an interview - which is more than a lot of people have. You can't change what happened, but I would prep especially hard for this interview and be sure that you are extremely appreciative of their time. The fact that they were willing to reschedule makes me think that you still have a chance. Is there any way to find out if you were rescheduled with the same interviewer? It's possible that they rescheduled you with someone else who might not even be aware of the situation . . .

The interview was originally going to be at 10. About a week after I received this notice it was rescheduled to 9. Don't ask me how that small fact left my memory. Anyway, I wasn't flat out late; I had the times mixed up. I know it is still bad but probably not as bad as if I was just last for the interview because I didn't get out of bed on time or something. Yes, I am rescheduled to see the same person. I've had a day to calm down, I am just going to go in there apologizing and leave apologizing and do everything in my power to be an excellent interviewee. After that there nothing else I can do.

For all of you with interviews double, triple, quadruple check the times and locations! :)

BGGA said:
The interview was originally going to be at 10. About a week after I received this notice it was rescheduled to 9. Don't ask me how that small fact left my memory. Anyway, I wasn't flat out late; I had the times mixed up. I know it is still bad but probably not as bad as if I was just last for the interview because I didn't get out of bed on time or something. Yes, I am rescheduled to see the same person. I've had a day to calm down, I am just going to go in there apologizing and leave apologizing and do everything in my power to be an excellent interviewee. After that there nothing else I can do.

For all of you with interviews double, triple, quadruple check the times and locations! :)

It'll all work out in the end. :)

Fermata said:
Punctuality is a big thing in medicine(and in any other kind of job).

You are right. Im glad my doctor doesnt make me wait for 45 mins while he jerks off in his office :rolleyes: