Know anything about University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhbkim

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter from the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine. I would like to know if anyone knows anything about it. I asked for a brochure, but if anyone knows anything please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

what was the letter? Was it an invite of something like that? There are tons of threads about UNE so do a search and check it out.

I got the same letter. I initially applied there, but decided not to send in the secondary because they require biochemistry and I am still not sure if I am going to take biochemistry at the undergraduate level.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure what information you are looking for, but here are some basics...

UNECOM is located in Biddeford, ME which is about 30-40 minutes south of Portland Maine. Each class has about 120 people in it. Some students are older while others are just out of college. In my class about 20-40% are older.

They have one of the best body donation programs in New England and during anatomy we had 4 students per body. Typically, classes are taken in a large lecture hall with all the students. The facilities are fairly modern.

Some of the classes can be very challenging, while others are more moderate.

I'm sure after I post this I'll think of some other things...

Please let me know if you would like more information from a student's perspective (I'm a second year). I'd be happy to share my perception of the good, bad, and the ugly.

Wook

Originally posted by ForensicPath
I am still not sure if I am going to take biochemistry at the undergraduate level.

I'm going to throw in my random $.02 and recommend that you do take biochem if you can fit it into your schedule.

[/unsolicited advice]

Lots of UNE grads go on to do their residencies in Pediatrics or Internal Medicine at UMass Medical School in Worcester. One of the program directors at UMass is a DO.

anyone know if une has an early admissions program and what the criteria are? thanks

Originally posted by skypilot
Lots of UNE grads go on to do their residencies in Pediatrics or Internal Medicine at UMass Medical School in Worcester. One of the program directors at UMass is a DO.

I shadowed a UNECOM-trained DO neurologist at UMass. She was great!

Originally posted by emedpa
anyone know if une has an early admissions program and what the criteria are? thanks

I honestly don't know if they have them. I do know you have to be an outstanding canidate to get in off of early admissions from what a few schools have told me.

Why don't you ask them yourself.

[email protected]

or

(207)-283-1070 ext 2329

I Love UNE! I recently got accepted there and I can't wait to start. I know a bit about them so if you'd like to ask please feel free. I shadow with an OBGYN who graduated there.

Reactions: 1 user
I Love UNE! I recently got accepted there and I can't wait to start. I know a bit about them so if you'd like to ask please feel free. I shadow with an OBGYN who graduated there.
Hi,
Could you provide some of the key strengths and highlights of UNE? What do you most like about the school and what make you decide to choose UNE from other DO schools?

Another thread brought back from the great beyond...

Reactions: 1 user