know laid back neuro rotations in NYC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kp5188

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am looking to do a away neurology rotation in february in NYC...does anyone know of a laid back month at any of the nyc hospitals?

Members don't see this ad.

kp5188 said:
i am looking to do a away neurology rotation in february in NYC...does anyone know of a laid back month at any of the nyc hospitals?

Laid back??? You going for vacation or to learn???

tupac_don said:
Laid back??? You going for vacation or to learn???
Its amazing how judgemental people are on this board. Future doctors indeed.

Members don't see this ad :)
february in NY is no picnic. try miami.

I strongly recommend the neurology rotation at Long Island Jewish in NY. It is actually on Long Island. Very academic place, many lectures, some dedicated to students.

You can learn and do as much as you want. The chairman, Ron Kanner, is an extremely impressive guy who cares about the students' experience. You will be rotating with Einstein students, who are all sharp.

hahahahaha

This is awesome. There's a fair chance he's asking for an easy month. I completely understand this and respect it. I just don't know anything about the NY neuro rotations.

What I find so damn funny is the way everyone approaches the question. There's either, "oh my god, how deplorable!" or, "i think i know what he's trying to say, but i'm afraid to answer directly because people will think i'm a bad student, I'll answer straight up."

I for one am fitting in laid back rotations during my fourth year. I guess that makes me a terrible student who will never make a good doctor. :laugh:

I'm sure many future docs in many fields will look back with profound regret that they didn't get as much as they could have out of certain rotations like neuro and that they'll never reach their full potential or be good, caring, successful physicians.

Me? I've already damned in that aspect. I'll never be a good doctor because I've skipped much of my anesthesia rotation. Yes, I cry about it nightly.