Know of any jobs I can have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athena21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
You guys, it's almost OCTOBER and I have no job to pay off my application fees. Anyone know of any jobs, preferrably health related but at this point I'll take anything, in the Chicago/Chicagoland area? I'm desperate...plus what am I going to say in interviews? that i've been sitting on my gluteus maximus since june doing nothing but mcating and applying? help!!! I'm desperate!

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same boat last interview season. It wasn't really a big deal at interviews. Try to do some volunteering in between job-hunting. You'll be fine. They really don't scrutinize things they way you think they do. (Did you hand out those business cards? Volunteer in classrooms, for Pete's sake, if you need to, to get some jobs.)

be an MCAT teacher for kaplan or princeton review (i'm hoping to do this soon in the chicago area too..i have auditions lined up! :) ). it pays pretty well, well for college students anyway, like $20/hr. if you don't have your mcat scores yet (did you take them in august?) then teach another exam, like the SAT or something. (it will pay less though). they're pretty desperate for teachers nowadays.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto on the MCAT teaching - I'm doing it for Kaplan, and it's pretty sweet. I think you need to get at least a 10 (maybe 11) to teach a subject, though. But it is good money - especially in spring when everyone's studying for april. But they do have some classes starting in October. Good luck finding something! :)

anyone know the specific score you have to get to teach kaplan? i'd like to do it in the spring, if my scores are high enough. :D

Hi,

are you considering a research position? I am doing research right now at Northwestern (chicago). I didn't really want to consider positions at evanston, but i do know some really excellent profs there. Anyway, e-mail me [email protected].

Sonya

Even though this is a reply to a very old post thought it might be useful for those that stumble upon this thread.
Rush University Medical usually has research jobs available.

This definitely is a thread that needed to be resurrected after 8 years. Thanks. Perhaps the OP never found a job and is still waiting for recommendations.

Haha I hope they are done with med school and maybe residency now...

Any jobs in nyc? pretty please.

You people failed to read the first post that was made after 2002. Just a person offering additional opportunities in case people need help finding jobs.