know the concept; can't answer questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dellian101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Maybe someone here can give me some advice or perspective:

I have a strong concept background from my UG classes. I did a good review of the concepts from TBR + Examcrackers, and understand the material.

But I get so many questions wrong! I thought TBR was just harder than most MCAT books so I moved on to examcrackers end of chapter questions for some confidence boost. Needless to say, on 2nd chapter, I got only 1 right out of 8.

what do i do?! Should I keep doing problems - but I may run out and can't repeat questions since i remember answers. or am i just approaching the questions totally wrong? iS EK physics challegning?

:scared::scared::scared:

please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you only referring to physics? The common sentiment seems to be that EK Physics is not the best for content review, but I'm not sure if it contains practice problems so I'm not sure if you're referring to EK 1001 Physics instead.

Hi All

Maybe someone here can give me some advice or perspective:

I have a strong concept background from my UG classes. I did a good review of the concepts from TBR + Examcrackers, and understand the material.

But I get so many questions wrong! I thought TBR was just harder than most MCAT books so I moved on to examcrackers end of chapter questions for some confidence boost. Needless to say, on 2nd chapter, I got only 1 right out of 8.

what do i do?! Should I keep doing problems - but I may run out and can't repeat questions since i remember answers. or am i just approaching the questions totally wrong? iS EK physics challegning?

:scared::scared::scared:

please help!

Contrary to popular beliefs in SDN, EK 1001 physics is not that easy (at least to me). But the other EK 1001 are not hard.

i'm referring to general MCAT physics book. it has practice problems after each chapter. The biology, chemistry and o.chem are totally doable. physics, on the other hand...

would you recommend going back to my class textbook and redoing those problems?

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like you should try and sit down with someone and have them work the problems with you. I remember for physics I could understand concepts but still have trouble attacking a problem because I wasn't starting at the right point or utilizing the correct info.

Beyond that, I would question whether or not you actually know the material and perhaps do more content review.

OP, have you tried nova physics? it does an excellent job presenting all physics concepts in 16 chapters, and after each chapter, there are 30 ish discretes and 1-4 MCAT passages.

might want to check it out

Waw !!! You sound just like me. Sucks exactly the same thing happens to me, I took it once and did bad so retaking hopefully this coming may. So you are still in time to save you the trouble, if you are not getting above 30 in your AAMC practice do not take the real thing. I have always been the person that I would tutor my friends for a class and they would do better than me on the test, not sure how that works same with material I am just not sure what it is, I did see one good suggestion in the replays, which is to work problems out with someone to see their train of though. I also now big problem is that I ran out of material, I I have a crazy memory but is worth nothing if I dont know how to use it, I even took a verbal test in 2011 and took that same test a year and three months later and remembered a lot of the questions and answer. So not sure what happens. Any suggestions will help ! thank you