Knowing how to use EMR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doofenschmirtz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work in a clinic right now, and they decided to teach me how to use EMR a while ago to input patient information. Is this something I should mention in my description of this experience (that I can use EMR and have done so for a year), or is it not really that important and I should focus on what personal qualities I've gained?

Members don't see this ad.

I work in a clinic right now, and they decided to teach me how to use EMR a while ago to input patient information. Is this something I should mention in my description of this experience (that I can use EMR and have done so for a year), or is it not really that important and I should focus on what personal qualities I've gained?
Its a good technical skill to have. Yes, you should mention that.

Reactions: 1 user
I would definitely put it, although I don't expect it to impress anybody much. There're unfortunately about 2053 EMRs, and many of them have very little overlap.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mention it in passing but don't devote more than a sentence to it. Nobody cares. You learn EMR at your institution anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah, not a huge deal (unless you use meditech, that's impressive. especially if you make until interviews without throwing it out the window)