KSU vs MU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilMiddawg

Reaction score
I love KSU. I want to go there so badly. The cost is what is causing me problems. I've done so much math and calculations and I've found I will survive. My fiance wants MU. He is also being a vet. It's cheaper. It's our in state. I'm so torn I've cried I dont know how many times. Can I just have some insider's views for both pros and cons of both?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

MU as in Midwestern University? I thought that was basically the most expensive school? I know Kansas OOS isn’t cheap, but the VIN cost of education map shows Midwestern is $100,000 more expensive than KState. Or did you mean University of Missouri or Michigan State or Mississippi State?

Edit: If you’re both going to be matriculating as DVM students I strongly strongly advise you to go to the cheapest school. Student loans are no joke, especially when you’re basically looking at twice the normal amount if there are two of you.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, University of Missouri. And I think we've come up with a good plan to save us money.

Members don't see this ad :)
The cost difference is at a minimum $100k for each of you. I'm sorry but there's no way to save $100k while in vet school. The tuition difference according to VIN is $108,998 for IS Missouri and $225, 912 for OOS Kansas State.

Both are great vet schools. This is not a diss to K State, it's just a reality check on what the cost differential will be. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! We decided on MU and hes also trying to get the military scholarship! If he gets that we may transfer over to KSU if we still want to because it will be cheaper then!