KU EDP interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teedub

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i figured i'd ask if anybody's received their interview invite for EDP (i wonder, if they weren't gonna give me an EDP interview, if they would tell me or just not send me anything and expect me to just figure it out...i don't blame them for avoiding confrontation whenever possible). holla back

Members don't see this ad.

teedub said:
i figured i'd ask if anybody's received their interview invite for EDP (i wonder, if they weren't gonna give me an EDP interview, if they would tell me or just not send me anything and expect me to just figure it out...i don't blame them for avoiding confrontation whenever possible). holla back
I don't holla because I don't have that kind of tan but my understanding is that if you are a ks res w/ 3.7 or better and 29 mcat or better you'll have a decent chance. Otherwise it isn't likely.

the "official" cutoff's 3.5 and a 28 (both of which i meet). again, if anybody already has their invite let me know...

Members don't see this ad :)
teedub said:
the "official" cutoff's 3.5 and a 28 (both of which i meet). again, if anybody already has their invite let me know...

yo estoy esperando tambien

they said "around" sept 1st. they should be cool enough to send an email saying no EDP and we're putting you in the regular pool so start applying to other schools. i checked my email every 10 minutes yesterday and am checking every 30 minutes today. nothin yet. :eek:

teedub said:
the "official" cutoff's 3.5 and a 28 (both of which i meet). again, if anybody already has their invite let me know...[/QUOTE

There's no "official" cutoffs, but the "most successful applicants" had a 3.5 or above. However, contrary to a 3.7 being the only likelihood of you getting an EDP interview, look at the applicant profiles from last year.

Truman Stanford said:
teedub said:
the "official" cutoff's 3.5 and a 28 (both of which i meet). again, if anybody already has their invite let me know...[/QUOTE

There's no "official" cutoffs, but the "most successful applicants" had a 3.5 or above. However, contrary to a 3.7 being the only likelihood of you getting an EDP interview, look at the applicant profiles from last year.

yeah, you're right. i guess i meant the "suggested guidelines for EDP interviews" (you know, on that little sheet they hand to advisors every year). anyway the point is nobody at KU's told me anything, so i wonder if they're just gonna forward me to the regular applicant pool without telling me (which would make me late on all my other app's....gotta love that kansas hospitality) or if they're just late. have any of you other KU EDP people heard anything??

Hey, I have a lot of friends here at KU who are still waiting for their EDP interview invites, and honestly, I know of no one who has received the invite yet. If you haven't heard from them by the end of the week, definitely give them a call...

My general take on it, though, is that KU isn't being as prompt in communicating as many other schools. I submitted my secondary application for regular decision on July 20th and I had to call them Sept 1st just to make sure they have my completed secondary with LORs.

Best of :luck: , though, with respect to interviewing! Hopefully I will join you guys as an interviewee at KU in a few months!

thanks for the info. i have'nt heard anything yet but its a holiday for now. someone post when they receive an invite...

alright, i just broke down and called the lady. she said they haven't sent them out yet and were "hoping to get them out by today or tomorrow and they will come via email." so that means maybe by next thursday...

alright, i got my invite yesterday at about 4:00 through email. anybody else??