KU Med Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if we don't already know which one we belong to, it'll probably become apparent tomorrow, right? I seem to not have the e-mail that I guess people were referring to...oh well. Hopefully it'll be fine?

Members don't see this ad.

Nikki031,
Do you know what is the minimum Mcat score and gpa to get into the Postbac program? Can you tell how to apply ?
Thanks in advance

Nikki031,
Do you know what is the minimum Mcat score and gpa to get into the Postbac program? Can you tell how to apply ?
Thanks in advance

I'm in the Post-Bac program right now at KU so I thought I would answer your questions. There isn't necessarily a minimum mcat or gpa to get into the post bac program. The program invites you to apply if you have interviewed with KU and were not accepted. I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the Post-Bac program right now at KU so I thought I would answer your questions. There isn't necessarily a minimum mcat or gpa to get into the post bac program. The program invites you to apply if you have interviewed with KU and were not accepted. I hope this helps.

I was wondering could you elaborate a little more about the post bac program. What are classes like, is it in Lawrence or at KUMC, etc.. I am actually interested in doing the post Bac if i do not gain acceptance this year. I was part of the Health Careers Pathway program as well.

The post bac program is from June (summer session) to Spring semester of the following year (18 months total). Then you start the pre-matriculation program the summer before med school starts. This program gives you automatic acceptance into the following years class so long as you fulfill all the requirements of the program. The classes you take are 400 level or above science classes at the KU Edwards campus in KC. Since you were part of HCPP, there is a good chance you will be invited to apply if you don't get accepted this year.

The post bac program is from June (summer session) to Spring semester of the following year (18 months total). Then you start the pre-matriculation program the summer before med school starts. This program gives you automatic acceptance into the following years class so long as you fulfill all the requirements of the program. The classes you take are 400 level or above science classes at the KU Edwards campus in KC. Since you were part of HCPP, there is a good chance you will be invited to apply if you don't get accepted this year.

Thanks for the quick response :) Hopefully if i do not get into KU med this year I will be able to get into the Post bac program. One quick question, so am I correct in thinking that from the start of the post bac program it is 2 years before you will be able to enter medical school?

No it is only one year. I started the post bac program this summer and will start med school in 2009.

No it is only one year. I started the post bac program this summer and will start med school in 2009.

Hey Resina, How's it going? I sent you a pm and left a message on your wall regarding the Post bac program. I was wondering if I could pick your brain about it some more?