KU School of Pharmacy Fall 2016(class of 2020) applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryhays

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to KU School of Pharmacy for fall of 2016? If so, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, 3.1 GPA with an 81 PCAT composite. Also with a BS Biology degree, and I have been a tech for 2 years in a retail setting. What about you?

Gpa 3.6, PCAT composite 76. BS in Biology and have also been a technician in a retail setting for 4 years.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hi, i've applied gpa 3.5 pcat 55 and i got the email for an interview on monday 2/22 for next week.

three years retail and one year hospital experience. BS bio too. i really want wichita!

Ive applied. My gpa was 3.6 when I applied. It went down to a 3.1 last semester but i'm retaking some classes to boost it up again. My PCAT was 45. I have almost 3 years of hospital tech experience. Does anyone know when they will stop sending out emails? I know my PCAT score is going to hurt me but i'm trying to remain hopeful.

I have my interview tomorrow and I finished my application 2 days before the deadline.
GPA: 3.75
PCAT composite: 96

Interview Tomorrow March 1st was emailed on 02/17.

so i heard that the interview process has changed this year. what was it like??

They have added mini interviews after the main one and also changed the math assessment to a writing assessment.

They have added mini interviews after the main one and also changed the math assessment to a writing assessment.
What's the mini interview like? Also does anyone know if they are still sending out interviews?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What's the mini interview like? Also does anyone know if they are still sending out interviews?
You have two minutes to read a prompt and then they ask you questions about it for five minutes. There are three prompts total and different people come in to ask you questions each time.

Oh I see. Did they tell anyone when they were gonna be done with interviews? And are they doing rolling admissions again this year or are they gonna tell everyone at once?

i did not ask that, but the agony is killing me.

the e-mail just says time of interview does not reflect your rank. just the order they got to you. applicant will be notified as soon as decisions are made. campus assignments by april 15. letters to applicants not admitted to program will be mailed after class has been filled. denial letters mailed through mid-may.

will someone post when they get their acceptance letter so i (hopefully) can be waiting by the mailbox? thank you!

Last edited:
Has anyone received an acceptance letter yet? I was told as soon as decisions are made letters will be sent out, but denial letters won't go out until mid-to-late April through May. Or has anyone heard something to the contrary?

I am a 3rd year pharmacy student at KU. If anyone has any questions about KU, please don't hesitate to ask!

so i was creeping on other classes' threads (way more members. a lot more talkative) but i found out if you are a transfer student (not currently enrolled) at KU. you can login and check your admissions status. mine says "defer decision" 2/17.

then at the bottom "if your current status is listed as defer decision the application is being reviewed you should hear within one month of the last update date. "

your status may change to "admit" before your letter arrives in the mail, especially if you live outside of the Lawrence area like me

so i was creeping on other classes' threads (way more members. a lot more talkative) but i found out if you are a transfer student (not currently enrolled) at KU. you can login and check your admissions status. mine says "defer decision" 2/17.

then at the bottom "if your current status is listed as defer decision the application is being reviewed you should hear within one month of the last update date. "

your status may change to "admit" before your letter arrives in the mail, especially if you live outside of the Lawrence area like me
Hey! I also checked mine, but it says "administrative withdrawal" in my PharmD section. However, it says admitted in my undergrad pre-pharmacy area. Any idea what is going on? I still got an interview so I'm not sure what that means...

So I checked my status on the KU admission status website (https://ku.askadmissions.net/vip/Default.aspx) and this is what it shows:

Application for Transfer student:

Term:
School: 2016 Fall
Major: Pharmacy Professional
Current Status: PharmacyPD
Last Updated: Defered Decision - 12/15/2015

Anyone knows what this means?

So I checked my status on the KU admission status website (https://ku.askadmissions.net/vip/Default.aspx) and this is what it shows:

Application for Transfer student:
Term:
School:
2016 Fall
Major: Pharmacy Professional
Current Status: PharmacyPD
Last Updated: Defered Decision - 12/15/2015

Anyone knows what this means?

I think I figured it out. The headings and lines are shifted causing the status to appear as seen.

Hi there, i am also applying to KU school of pharmacy for the fall 2016. And this morning I actually received a email from Dean Hotchkiss telling me that i was accepted. I was surprised and almost did not believe it at first since i was expecting to get an actual letter in the mail, but the email continued by saying that i will receive a letter confirming my acceptance and further details of the up coming semester. He has also told me that i am assigned to the Lawrence campus.

Hi there, i am also applying to KU school of pharmacy for the fall 2016. And this morning I actually received a email from Dean Hotchkiss telling me that i was accepted. I was surprised and almost did not believe it at first since i was expecting to get an actual letter in the mail, but the email continued by saying that i will receive a letter confirming my acceptance and further details of the up coming semester. He has also told me that i am assigned to the Lawrence campus.
Congratulations! Did you reach out to Dean Hotchkiss or did you randomly receive the email? Also, what date was your interview on if you don't mind my asking?

Congratulations! Did you reach out to Dean Hotchkiss or did you randomly receive the email? Also, what date was your interview on if you don't mind my asking?
He actually just randomly emailed me this morning, idk why, in the email he says i will be receiving a formal letter later this week. I was thinking that maybe they are running a little behind in the admission process so they might just send out an email to keep people from waiting and loosing possible next semester students. But to answer your question, i interviewed on the very first day of interviews, which was like feb. 16th. So i have been waiting for quite a while i guess lol.

Reactions: 1 users
He actually just randomly emailed me this morning, idk why, in the email he says i will be receiving a formal letter later this week. I was thinking that maybe they are running a little behind in the admission process so they might just send out an email to keep people from waiting and loosing possible next semester students. But to answer your question, i interviewed on the very first day of interviews, which was like feb. 16th. So i have been waiting for quite a while i guess lol.
Congratulations! So it looks like they have already started deciding. Hmmm strange. I was told that the committee has not met to decide on who gets in.

Congratulations! So it looks like they have already started deciding. Hmmm strange. I was told that the committee has not met to decide on who gets in.
well maybe they just decided yesterday, my friend just told me this morning that he also made it in and received the same email i received :). He was in the second wave of interviews and did his interview late Feb. Good luck to the rest of you

I received an email from Dean Hotchkiss that I was accepted this afternoon! Good luck to all those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I also checked mine, but it says "administrative withdrawal" in my PharmD section. However, it says admitted in my undergrad pre-pharmacy area. Any idea what is going on? I still got an interview so I'm not sure what that means...

oooh. i don't know what that means i'm sorry

I received an email from Dean Hotchkiss that I was accepted this afternoon! Good luck to all those still waiting!
i received my acceptance email this morning at 1030a. i interviewed on the 3rd.
congratulations to everyone who got in so far and good luck to those who haven't heard yet.

ryhays will you be starting a facebook group??

I also just got an e-mail from Dean Hotchkiss that I have been admitted. I interviewed on 3/3/2016. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Can anyone provide an example of the prompts and the questions they asked about them? I'm really nervous for the interview.

I wonder when us early/mid-march people will get our letters or emails :(

i received my acceptance email this morning at 1030a. i interviewed on the 3rd.
congratulations to everyone who got in so far and good luck to those who haven't heard yet.

ryhays will you be starting a facebook group??

I can start a Facebook Group if people would like me to.

Okay Facebook group is created link is below for group or search on Facebook for KU School of Pharmacy class of 2020.
Facebook.com/groups/kupharm2020

Last edited:
For those of you that have been accepted, have you received the official letter yet?

For those of you that have been accepted, have you received the official letter yet?
Not yet. The email said they will be coming soon... And call the office if you need to change your mailing address over the next few days

Congratulations to all that have been accepted! I am a current P2 student at KU SOP and am looking for a third roommate as the current P3 is moving out due to APPE rotations her fourth year (and she is getting married!).

Information breakdown - It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage duplex. It is located right by the turnpike (exit 202) and takes about 5 minutes to get to the SOP. Rent is $300 per month and bills range from $80 to $120 depending on season/how conservative we are. You will live with myself and another P2 (We will both be P3's when you move in).

If interested, just shoot me an email at [email protected].

Again congratulations!

Does anyone have any updates or found anything out yet?

As far as I can tell, acceptances are sent out in batches several days apart(~4-5). Not sure if that's entirely accurate, but it seems to be the trend from what social media has been telling me. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. But if it is the case, don't get discouraged by the day to day wait. I still find it hard to not check my email every 2-3hrs haha

As far as I can tell, acceptances are sent out in batches several days apart(~4-5). Not sure if that's entirely accurate, but it seems to be the trend from what social media has been telling me. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. But if it is the case, don't get discouraged by the day to day wait. I still find it hard to not check my email every 2-3hrs haha
I check social media too and it seems like they sent them out on the 15th, 16th, and then a few on the 17th. I haven't seen any since then. Have you? It's so hard to just wait!

I believe the last one I heard of was on the 21st, but this was an acceptance letter, so likely sent around the 16th. So maybe they're trying some form of biweekly thing, either that or its just whenever they feel like it. If it is biweekly, the next batch would be expected 29th-31st. Hoping it doesn't take that long! Every day that passes has me like :help:...