KUMC -letters for Jan interviewees mailed today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pattyk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How will I sleep???? :scared: KUMC is the only school that invited me to interview...god, I hope they want me! The letter will be a yes/no/maybe. If its maybe, we wait until mid March......
Anybody else out there interview in Jan with KUMC?

Members don't see this ad.

How will I sleep???? :scared: KUMC is the only school that invited me to interview...god, I hope they want me! The letter will be a yes/no/maybe. If its maybe, we wait until mid March......

GOOD LUCK! :D :luck: :luck:

Not to burst your bubble (I hope you get your letter soon!), but I was told during my interview day yesterday that they had gotten behind in their adcom meetings because of weather in January. The point being, they missed a week or something and some of the people they had told to look for letters at a certain point were going to be getting them later than they thought. That said, I could be really easily confusing what was said and they may just have delayed the date at which they will be sending out final letters. If it is helpful, I know for sure that they were planning on finishing voting on all the January interviewees at last nights adcom meeting.

Good luck though, I hope it pans out!

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey, good luck! I'm guessing your in-state, yes? I didn't know that they gave any post interview no's till March. Either way, good luck. KU is a great school. Come check out the class thread if you feel like it.

I had called on Tuesday and the admin said letters were mailed out that morning-I got mine today.... I am on hold til mid March. At least they didn't out right reject me! :)
Good luck to you too!

I had called on Tuesday and the admin said letters were mailed out that morning-I got mine today.... I am on hold til mid March. At least they didn't out right reject me! :)
Good luck to you too!

Thats all right. That was where I was last year. Interview Jan 9, hold in february, accepted in March :)

That does help-thanks
I am going to take a big fat nap....I wish I could sleep until then!

Congrats on the no rejection pattyK. I do remember being told yesterday that they only accept a small number of people right after the adcom discusses them. They also said that their class still had plenty of space in it, so I would say you are not in a bad spot at all!

Seriously dissapointed with KU (just interviewed). But good luck

Awww, why? And when did you interview? I've been seeing interviewees walking around a lot lately and have wondered what SDN buddies I've run across. :rolleyes:

Facilities are very poor compared to the other 4 schools I have interviewed at. The student tour guide really didn't want to be there and gave us the 30 minute short tour. The school really doesn't offer anything different than any other school I have visited...Same curric, opps, so on etc. Plus, my interviewer seemed hostile. I was super excited about KU (used to live in Olathe) but left with a bad taste in my mouth (interviewed yesterday). Don't get me wrong, I know you are a Jayhawk and I totally respect that, so I don't want to start a flame war or anything. Just wasn't for me.

Facilities are very poor compared to the other 4 schools I have interviewed at. The student tour guide really didn't want to be there and gave us the 30 minute short tour. The school really doesn't offer anything different than any other school I have visited...Same curric, opps, so on etc. Plus, my interviewer seemed hostile. I was super excited about KU (used to live in Olathe) but left with a bad taste in my mouth (interviewed yesterday). Don't get me wrong, I know you are a Jayhawk and I totally respect that, so I don't want to start a flame war or anything. Just wasn't for me.

Nah, I'm not that easily offended. While I like KU, it was the only allopathic school that gave me an acceptance so I don't know what else is out there plus of course I'm gonna be loyal :) (oh and attending KU meant that I didn't have to uproot my hubby and two kids, another reason to like it)

Honestly, I didn't go on a single interview last year that I was impressed with the tour or the attitude of my guide. I think the admission committees try to give a good experience on tour day but they don't really know what goes on.

Concerning facilities, I agree. We don't have a whole lot to brag about with the Med school facilities. The hospital is vastly improving itself though, and I've heard a rumor that they are going to start throwing some money our way soon.

Good luck with wherever you go. Where else have you interviewed?

Nah, I'm not that easily offended. While I like KU, it was the only allopathic school that gave me an acceptance so I don't know what else is out there plus of course I'm gonna be loyal :) (oh and attending KU meant that I didn't have to uproot my hubby and two kids, another reason to like it)

Honestly, I didn't go on a single interview last year that I was impressed with the tour or the attitude of my guide. I think the admission committees try to give a good experience on tour day but they don't really know what goes on.

Concerning facilities, I agree. We don't have a whole lot to brag about with the Med school facilities. The hospital is vastly improving itself though, and I've heard a rumor that they are going to start throwing some money our way soon.

Good luck with wherever you go. Where else have you interviewed?

George Washington, Creighton, U of South Dak., Penn State.

mind sharing your stats PattyK?

Sure: 27 MCAT; 3.6 Science GPA overall 3.2
Overall is low b/c of a really bad undergraduate experience (under 3.0) but my post bacc is around 3.9 and mostly science.