KUMed EM program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktsue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year an EM doc from KUMed (U of Kansas med center in Kansas City) came to my ER club saying that KUMed was going to start a new EM residency starting July 2008. So far there is nothing I can find online about it, it's not on FRIEDA, and when I email the GME dept at KUMed they just direct me to the website where I can't find the program listed. Has anyone heard anything alse about this possible program? Or is searching and asking a waste of time? Thanks. Enjoy the 4th.

Members don't see this ad.

Last year an EM doc from KUMed (U of Kansas med center in Kansas City) came to my ER club saying that KUMed was going to start a new EM residency starting July 2008. So far there is nothing I can find online about it, it's not on FRIEDA, and when I email the GME dept at KUMed they just direct me to the website where I can't find the program listed. Has anyone heard anything alse about this possible program? Or is searching and asking a waste of time? Thanks. Enjoy the 4th.

Here you go bro:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=324412&highlight=kansas

Like the post link says...they have been talking about it forever. If this project moves at the same pace that everything else moves at KU med, you will be near retirement before this baby bird gets wings.

I went there, that's why I am so skeptical about this idea. I know that they mean well and REALLY want a program, but they don't have residency-committed faculty yet (at least they didn't 3 years ago).

i graduated after kbrown, and didnt hear squat about one starting anytime soon. just random mumblings, but nothing that would give me any confidence its coming in the next few years. several of the wichita attendings would like to have an EM program, but when it was last attempted they met alot of resistance so i dont know if that'll ever go anywhere. there's always truman if youre wanting to stay near KC