1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

kuz: books

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jim Henderson, Aug 23, 1999.

1. Jim Henderson

10+ Year Member

t's me again the annoying high school kid. i was wondering if u could suggest any
    books, that would help me get started. if there is any intro books or any material that i
    could use to kind of get a jump startr with. As always any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drhenderson

drhenderson Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Kuz: there are no great books I know of to start you out now. I suggest exploring the
    premed section of medicalstudent.net, which is basically an online book... better than
    any paper book for you at your stage. Here is response to a similar question posed by
    another high schooler.
    For now, perusing medicalstudent.net, looking at the high school and college sections,
    browsing the medical school clinical section, and figuring out where you go to college
    will be a good start.

I wouldn't get much more specific about things now. Getting into a good college is
    most important for you now. Figure out which colleges you are interested in have good
    premed programs. Do this by calling around and asking to be put in contact with the
    designated pre-med advisor from each college. If they won't do that for you, dust your
    shoes off and walk away!

------------------
    Jim Henderson, MD of Medicalstudent.net