KY Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GinLyn

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone knew anything about UK and UofL in KY. I have been accepted to both, and I am trying to decide between the two. I am open to any insights. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

They both have about the same entrance requirements, with UK's Mcats and Gpa being just a tad bit higher. I've interviewed at both schools as well.

UK - Block schedule, smaller class size, perception of having the better pre-clinical years, smaller and cleaner hospital campus

UofL - Tratitional schedule, larger class size, perception of having the better clinical years, larger hospital campus and city

I think they both definitely have their strengths and weaknesses. I think you should pick the one that seemed right for you. Did you get that feeling when you vistited either of them?

Thanks for the link. I am trying to gather as much info as I can. I noticed that you said you interviewed at UofL on Nov. 6--so did I. My name's Ginny and I go to MSU. I remember we talked about the differences in the two schools, because we had both interviewed at UK already. I am pretty sure I want to go to UK, but I just want to make sure! I really like their block schedule, and they just gave me a better impression than UofL. :)

Ginny