KYCOM v ARCOM v LUCOM v WVSOM v ATSU-SOMA.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenwithenvy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like most, if not all, of these schools are around the same tier so I don't really know if there is a definite decision maker or if it's up to personal preference. That being said, what do you guys think?

My main concerns were:
KYCOM's historically low COMLEX pass rate although the most recent one was 97.6% so strongly increased.
ARCOM looks promising but it's super duper new.
LUCOM's overwhelming religious environment.
WVSOM also has a somewhat low first-time COMLEX pass rate (87%ish?) but honestly I really think people overreact to those in general because the "low" ones hover around 90% anyway.
ATSU-SOMA uses a very different curricula compared to most schools (1+3 model).

Members don't see this ad.

I am debating between ARCOM and KYCOM at the moment and I was wondering what you chose to do. I love ARCOMs faculty and the community and feel that they want you to succeed--because if you don't, they don't. But I too am apprehensive about them being so new.

As for KYCOM, I share your concerns with them being lower when it comes to testing, but all in all that comes down to you. I love their on campus clinic and they have some big wigs when it comes to the osteopathic world right there on campus.

I would take a pass on LUCOM with your current options, and ARCOM because it is fairly new. I would suggest looking at either WVSOM or KYCOM because although both schools are in similar tier, they are both well established. As for ATSU-SOMA, it has been around a while despite it being a satellite campus. I guess it would depend if you would be comfortable with it's curriculum based on what you had mentioned.