La Salle University PsyD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psych4me08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone else accepted to La Salle university (or currently a student)? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

i was accepted into lasalle's program... im very excited for the fall!

Hey Megmont,

When did you hear from La Salle about your acceptance? Was it by phone, mail, e-mail? I haven't heard back from them yet, and from what I understand, that possibly means I am on the waiting list. Somebody correct me if I am wrong? Has anybody else received acceptances to La Salle?

Members don't see this ad :)
wait list letters have gone out already also. You should call them, whatever letter you got might of gotten lost in the mail. someone in the acceptances thread had theirs lost in the mail and she called them and they sent another.

thanks for the post... that's very interesting to hear. I will contact them. So have people who were accepted to La Salle's Psy.D only contacted by mail? I figured they would call too.

I was told via mail, no phone call...and I have already sent back my acceptance...who else is or thinks they are going to go there?

Yes, my letter was lost in the mail ! It was an awkward experience but a good one none the less..hey has anyone been accepted yet still have to take the subject gre next month? Im scared they will revoke my acceptance if i dont do well. And i heard the test was very difficult.. What happens if by chance i dont do well?? Any thoughts?

I believe a possible reason why they are still making you take the test is for formality reasons and to be fair. I'm sure the school would get a lot of complaints from applicants if people got accepted w/o having taken the subject test, esp. when the subject test is an application requirement. Nonetheless, they possibly could have saw enough potential in your general application (w/o the subject test) to be able to say they want you. I think it says a lot about yourself if the selection committee can determine your promising suitability for the program, w/o having your subject test scores to gauge. It may mean that you are already auspicious enough for the program, even w/o the subject test (i.e. maybe you have excellent recommendations, high gpa, extraordinary clinical/research experience, etc). Of course, I think you still need to do fairly well on the test because that is what they expect out of you.

Keep in mind, I could also be completely wrong about my theory... perhaps your performance on the subject test could be a contingency of your acceptance.

If I were in your shoes, I would definitely ask Dr. Gardner or Jennifer specifics about you taking the test such as "Do you need to get a specific score on the test? Is it possible for you to get your acceptance offer revoked if you do get a low enough score?" Explain you just want to know so you can feel pressured if you need it or relieve yourself of unnecessary stress if you don't need it.

I'm in that situation myself where several schools will accept me, pending I take the subject test. I think some schools even specified that I need to receive a "satisfactory" score. Anyways, even if a school wanted me to only take the test for formality reasons, I made a decision to myself to completely study for it because I believe studying for the exam will provide me a good psychology foundation before entering grad school in the Fall. I don't want to feel like a goof amongst my cohort peers when I enter a program haha. Plus, if you are going to pay money to take a test, you might as well get the highest score you can.

I wonder why a lot of PsyD and Master programs require the GRE Psych Subject test while virtually all PhD programs don't require it. Any thoughts?

HI,
I'm very interested in La Salle's Clinical Program. I was wondering what your GRE scores are in both the general and psychology tests. I'll be applying for fall of 2009. Also what kind of experience did you have?

thank You.

btw, why was it an awkward experience?

awkward was definitely not the right word to use there....

thanks for your advice!!! i am studying a ton.. intro to psych books!!! good luck for everyone taking the subject test next month!

Hi everyone!

I was accepted to La Salle and am going in the fall. Congrats to all...I'm so excited to meet you guys soon!:hardy:

As far as the subject SAT goes, I also didn't take it. I'm taking it April 12th. But I was specifically told "not to worry about the score at all" by faculty. So, in all likelihood, your scores don't matter that much. Like someone else said, it's a formality.

Still, I am studying my butt off because I don't want to get a BAD score! :scared:What resources are you using megmont? Anything useful? I have Barron's, which is a start, but I can't find my old textbook which I think would be much more helpful.

Also, anyone thinking about moving/living situation? I haven't sent my acceptance in but I am going to do that on Monday!

I think we're going to have a good time. Feel free to pm me if you'd like, psych4me08 or megmont or anyone else going.

Also, psych4me08, I admire your choosing La Salle over Rutgers (another thread). I went to Rutgers undergrad and I had no desire to go back regardless of 'prestige.' Yay for you sticking up for substance over reputation.

:)
jbeepsych

Hi everyone!

I was accepted to La Salle and am going in the fall. Congrats to all...I'm so excited to meet you guys soon!:hardy:

As far as the subject SAT goes, I also didn't take it. I'm taking it April 12th. But I was specifically told "not to worry about the score at all" by faculty. So, in all likelihood, your scores don't matter that much. Like someone else said, it's a formality.

Still, I am studying my butt off because I don't want to get a BAD score! :scared:What resources are you using megmont? Anything useful? I have Barron's, which is a start, but I can't find my old textbook which I think would be much more helpful.

Also, anyone thinking about moving/living situation? I haven't sent my acceptance in but I am going to do that on Monday!

I think we're going to have a good time. Feel free to pm me if you'd like, psych4me08 or megmont or anyone else going.

Also, psych4me08, I admire your choosing La Salle over Rutgers (another thread). I went to Rutgers undergrad and I had no desire to go back regardless of 'prestige.' Yay for you sticking up for substance over reputation.

:)
jbeepsych

you mean gre? :D well... i have been reading each chapter in intro to psych textbook and writing answers to study guide by reading chapters again.

i got the barrons and this other really thick book, and basically realized i forgot a lot of what i had learned so im giving myself a refresher course...when im done the textbook im going to take tons of practice tests, but not until then. trust me, id check out amazon for a used intro book and study guide (i recommender gray's psych book and study guide) its cheap and worth it...there isnt much time left so im hurrying and hurrying...i feel more confident in my ability to do well after each chapter though. its not like youre teaching yourself this stuff cause you know it-- i mean you got accepted into a doctoral program --its just that the subject test asks you such specific stuff that that barrons book doesnt even begin to go over. a more comprehensive guide is the intro book.

i look forward to seeing you in the fall also..hey have you heard from the office of financial aid yet?

Hey,

Oh yes, GRE (blush blush). :p

Yeah, I thought I should find my textbook...it's up in my parents' attic somewhere. I think, though, reading through all the Barron's was a good start and really helpful...the outlines seemed pretty comprehensive and I went and looked up the stuff I didn't know. How do you know the questions get more specific? But, I guess I should get on top of this textbook thing anyway.

I am also going to take tons of practice tests when I am done.

Yeah, I got a letter from financial aid saying to start filling out the application early so that it gets done on time. Apparently you can do it through the mylasalle portal.

Talk soon! Now I have to go look for my textbook!

hows the studying going? i feel like i know so much yet when i take those mock tests i again go back to feeling like i know oh so, well, NOTHING.

i sooo nervous too . this doesnt help me at all.

Anyone La Sallians need housing? Wanna look into it together?

Jbeepsych