Lab partner issues and my reccomedation letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMUchicka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i am applying for fall 2016.

Currently, i am in ochem 2 lab. I know this teacher well for 2 years , has done excellent in his classes.

So i thought to ask him for recommendation and he said he would love to do it.

Now the problem is that me and my lab partners were having some issues regards to lab report work. So she

emailed teacher saying that she couldn't work with me . Now i didn't see this coming at all. For me, i don't care if my lab

partner doesn't want to work , i will just do it. At the end grades matters to me. Not everyone thinks same

and we just need to work out.

But anyhoo, now i am afraid that this teacher is going to write in my LOR that i can't work with people. Sometimes i think that its just me that can't work with others. I went through same issue in ochem lab 1 but somehow me and my partner worked it out. I have been in other labs and had several jobs but no one has every complained about working with me. But it's just with this o chem lab where i meet people like this. I kinda think that this is totally going to screw up my LOR and here goes my chances of getting accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

No worries. He won't do that if he had known you for 2 years. My Ochem lab partner did that to me but my teacher ignored that person business got the job done, and then chose me to do research and TA for her Ochem class now

No worries. He won't do that if he had known you for 2 years. My Ochem lab partner did that to me but my teacher ignored that person business got the job done, and then chose me to do research and TA for her Ochem class now

Hey, thanks for your input.

Yeah, i went to my teacher to talk about it since i didn't even know this is going to happen. My teacher said its just matter of different personalities and he has no problem with me. He even chatted with me about my application and schools that i am applying at the end of lab. But somehow i have feeling that he might mention that in there. I hope he doesn't do it..

And congrats on getting research and lab TA positions :thumbup: