Labor union sues Indiana, calls working alongside nonunion employees ‘slavery’

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/22/l...working-alongside-nonunion-employees-slavery/

I know.. who cares.. but I found this part interesting..

the union has been forced to work for those nonunion employees for free.

And being forced to work without compensation, the union suggested in its revised lawsuit, is slavery.

I am sure this dies in court.. But reading this made me think of EMTALA. Imagine if this did win.

Somehow no one else wants to work for free, but we are expected to work for free 24/7/365

Members don't see this ad.

When the hypocratic oath was written, medical students didn't come out of medical school 1/4 million dollars in debt and have to worry about multi-million dollar lawsuits.

In fact, part of the oath states that a physician is obligated to teach the trade to their teacher's children.

Members don't see this ad :)
but it didnt say they had to teach them for free. Bad situation. Our groups self pay/no pay just hit an all time record. Very bad... I would hope at the least they pay us something. We LOSE money on every patient. the billing and coding cost us money that we never recover. This is on top of the free care we provide. This drives me crazy.. Of course federal law prohibits us from not billing these people. My god.. annoying.

im with birdstrike.. we need to stand up for our rigths. things are getting worse.