Lack of interest in science curricula ....?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nasrudin

Apropos of Nothing
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't let it turn your light out for medicine.

I thought I would respond to the minor attitude adjustment thread. But this came out.

This is my manifesto. My song for lonesome riders on that nerd highway to nowhere. My Kenny Powers self-help tape for the awesome.

DJ.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mal4BUieno[/YOUTUBE]

So. In the words of the great Kenny Powers. You have to know that there will come a time. When like me. With one loud@ss power chord ringing though your Marshal Stack. You can say.

F@ck you Scientists. You're Out! I'm in.

I never knew this time would come. I didn't believe would. But it did.

For anyone who comes to this from a common sense sort of perspective. For those who relate to respond to real situations and not contrived ones. Especially those who decided somewhere in the real world that they liked what doctors did and wanted to do it also.

But had to first trudge through hoop after artifical hoop set up by science weenie after angry science weenie. Trying to find one thing that seemed real. That related to a problem someone had and needed help with. But instead found a long line of butt-kissers standing in line to fight for the glorious corporate takeover of American Medicine.

Know this.

If you hang in there. Just long enough. Hopefully not as long as I had to. You will emerge onto your own playing field. Where the material starts to resemble things that make sense. Things that you will be responsible for. For the job that you wanted to learn how to do somewhere....way back there.

If you're lucky enough like me. Your medical school will have started to allow students to prepare for board exams without being impeded by the inanity of phd models of education.

This has finally happend to me. It is an epiphany. I am studying 10 hours a day on my own. In my underwear. While some phd drones on to someone. Out of my own interest and curiosity. The spark and passion for learning has returned.

It will get better. For you as well. Although you're expectations for the first year of medical school might dash all your hopes. Hang in. For it's the last gasp of a grip these evil wizards have on your soul.

You are finally passing them. Leaving them behind.

And at long last getting yourself ready to learn medicine.

Members don't see this ad.