Lack of Motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doorknob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I am fairly new here and wanted to post my dilemma.
I am an international dentist and I am attempting to give my nbde score for the second time after my first attempt resulted in a very sad and patehtic score.
I am facing a serious lack of motivation. My problem seems to be picking up my books for the 2nd time and reading again.

Is there anybody else facing the same lack of motivation? or has EVER faced it?
If anybody has any advice it would be appreciated. Pretty much I am overwhelmed at the amount of syllabus that needs to be covered.
So if anybody has any advice for me to overcome the jitters please do me a favor and share.

Doorknob

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,
I totally understand your typical situation since I have been thr one myself!! Don't worry, its simple to get out of.
Pick up the book thinking of why you want to do it. Obviously, you have a strong motivation somewhere deep. I didn't feel like studying after scoring 83, but then I started thinking of my life without dentistry n all my dreams as a successfull dentist. This n my spouse motivated me to study for the 2nd time.
During the studies, I kept digging into the details of every answer(wiki n other sites) which was not too familiar to me. This made me more intrusive n gradually developed an habit to wanting to know more about each topic. It has to be cultivated gradually. I bet you will ace the exam if the interest is inborn....

Doorknob[/quote]

Last edited:
Failure is DELAY not defeat
Do not feel overwhelmed,i tried thrice in span of 9 months,did not think of giving up,cos tre is no life here .
Decision once made is made,Either we fight to win or die,there is no giving up,anyway that was my mantra,sucess and failure both like disease eats u away,we see the real us only when we the phase is done.KEEP your head up,find a study partner a real one,not the hunters in SDn looking out for remembered ques and study material,
U will WIN,believe in yourself.
WE WRITE OUR OWN DESTINY.
Good Luck

Doorknob[/quote]